News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Raiding Godlikeproductions

Started by Cain, January 24, 2008, 04:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2008, 05:42:47 PM
Either/or.  That sounds better, actually.

W00t. Do we have documentation/essays or anything to walk people through setting up the basics for a bombardment?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

We need ASCII graphics first.  That's an absolute.  Not much fun raiding without them.  However, if its going to be a GASM, then perhaps we should look at using Discordian rants and symbology, including Golden Apples, Fnords and the like.  If someone could whip up some large ASCII graphics and decent texts for use in that, it would be a start.

Next we need real time coordination....the IRC chat room would be the best place to use for that.  We'd need to show people how to get in there.  We also need a set time for the raid to take place, preferably a time when east coast, west coast and UKers might be able to take part.

Finally, we need to teach people the basics about proxies.  Nothing fancy, but how to hook up to Tor, use manual ones and CGI in order to avoid bans.

Verbal Mike

I'm up for being recruited... Might need to be walked through this though.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Doktor Loki

I'm down provided the training Cain just mentioned goes down, because I doubt I'd be much help without it.
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

Cramulus

If we put a HOW TO TROLL section on the OMGASM wiki, what would it's Table of Contents be?

maybe something like

-the trolling essay on types of trolling (will dig up and link if necessary)
-I did it for the lulz from E.D.?
-remaining anonymous using Tor and Proxies
-some example screenshots of awesome trolls

Cain

I can whip up something from the HIMEOBS training manual, but it'll take a while to sort through it all.  Probably until tomorrow.

If we're going to make it a larger raid (GASM style) we might want to consider who we will approach in the meantime.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2008, 06:37:10 PM
I can whip up something from the HIMEOBS training manual, but it'll take a while to sort through it all.  Probably until tomorrow.

If we're going to make it a larger raid (GASM style) we might want to consider who we will approach in the meantime.

Agreed. This should also have a Wiki entry so we can direct our hand picked recruits to it over the next couple days and then coordinate the attack.

Cain

http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=Trolling

This is somewhat messy right now.  I'm going to have lunch, then take a crack at formatting it.  Its also very long, but roughly laid out in order of usefulness.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2008, 05:52:20 PMWe need ASCII graphics first.  That's an absolute.  Not much fun raiding without them.  However, if its going to be a GASM, then perhaps we should look at using Discordian rants and symbology, including Golden Apples, Fnords and the like.  If someone could whip up some large ASCII graphics and decent texts for use in that, it would be a start.

http://s23.org/wiki/ASCII_art (big nude "eris" ascii, though it's not really eris, but a rather famous oldskool ascii nude with HAIL ERIS written below it, but blah)
http://www.asciiartfarts.com/20020323.html (sacred chao)
http://www.chris.com/ascii/ (a whole bunch of ascii art, no discordian, but there are a couple of "Bob" asciis)
http://www.chris.com/ascii/art/html/tools.html (toolbox!!)
http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/ (even more ascii art)

.. BUT these ASCIIs will look like shit because you need a monospaced font for them, which is not available on that forum (i tried [ font=Courier] but it ignored the tag -- good for them, i suppose).

but there are also "MSN-style" ASCIIs out there that work with proportionally spaced fonts. i just doubt there will be much erisiania out there.

then again, ASCII-art used to be a big "scene", and is probably still alive. it would really surprise me if there aren't any discordian ASCII-artists out there.

correction: they seem to have a [ code ] tag, which might give a monospaced font. i'll try it out later.

apart from that, a quick recon shows that they have a LOT of different smileys, so you could easily ITT the board using all their smileys.

also it is possible to post youtube vids and google vids inline (you have to click to play though).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

yeah, suspicion confirmed, surround your ASCII with [code ] tags and it will appear monospaced, so ASCII-art away! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This sounds rather fun.

One of the tactics my WWIV home board used to use when we trolled FIDOnet was the insidious threadjack; four or five of us would gradually start having an in-depth conversation, across threads, about some pre-chosen topic, preferably something we knew a mod was intensely interested in or passionate about. The more threads we could get turned to this topic before being caught on to, the more lulz. There was one guy who was so pissed off by this, by the time he figured it out, that mentioning a kite would immediately enrage him. 'Twas funny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

DarkStar

Freedom should never be taken for granted.  When you give yours away, you give mine.  Fuck you.

barumunk

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Cain, are you coordinating this? If so where should we be sending new recruits?

Cain

I'm going to finish editing the Trolling page today.

I suggest sending them to the #discord chat room when advertising.  Its the best place for them.

I'll draw up a list of possible places to inform, and pick a time, and make some graphics.