News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Twid's band playing in Salem, MA

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 02, 2010, 03:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Anarchangel at the Dodge Street Bar and Grill with 51 Shortfalls, Rocket Rocket, and Jimi Halfdead and the Die-Alongs.

June 19th, doors at 8:15 pm
7 Dodge St, Salem MA

21+ $5 cover

I've played shows with both 51 Shortfalls and Jimi Halfdead (51 Shortfalls with Anarchangel, and JHatDA with my previous band). 51 Shortfalls is pretty energetic, and we're friends with them. I remember being somewhat ambivalent but nonetheless entertained by Jimi Halfdead and the Die-Alongs. I don't recall ever seeing Rocket Rocket, but I've heard of them.

If you have nothing to better to do that night, or would like to show up even if you do, you are most welcome. I'm under the understanding that we're headlining, but will keep you posted if anyone is interested in coming.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Not another one!

Why is it that I'm feeling I'm missing out by NOT being in a band in RI/MA?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

At least you can play something.  My options for band involve going biker or viking.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

...We should totally do a Viking metal band.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

You could call it:  Porke Shouldyre

All Viking metal bands have to have Y's in them.  Or lots of vowels. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dimocritus

Salem's a bit of a stretch for me (see: no car). Buuuut, I'm still going to work on getting you guys and the Frost Heaves a night down here in Prov. Oh, and stop stalking me. Creeper.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Suu

Quote from: dimo on June 02, 2010, 04:44:34 PM
Salem's a bit of a stretch for me (see: no car). Buuuut, I'm still going to work on getting you guys and the Frost Heaves a night down here in Prov. Oh, and stop stalking me. Creeper.

If you do, I'm going. I don't care if I have to call in sick.

Where you lookin? Club Hell?

Nephew Twiddleton

Thanks Dimo, let me know what you get

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh, and could you type everything in larger font? It's getting pretty hard for me to read what you're typing on your screen through the basement window. Thanks.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 03, 2010, 02:06:35 AM

Oh, and could you type everything in larger font? It's getting pretty hard for me to read what you're typing on your screen through the basement window. Thanks.

I'll admit, I lol'd. Then quickly closed the blinds. Creeper!

Quote from: Suu on June 03, 2010, 01:20:15 AM

If you do, I'm going. I don't care if I have to call in sick.

Where you lookin? Club Hell?

Well, before I would even start considering a venue, I'd have to justify putting three entirely different acts on the same bill. Not to mention get enough people interested enough to go.They'd both be playing out of atate,and sometimes it can be hard to convince your friends to come along. Long  story short, I stillhave to figure it out. I'll let you know.

LMNO

It might be best to have a four-band bill, with one other RI act that can draw.  As awesome as we are, I can't guarantee that our MA fans friends will drive down to see us.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on June 03, 2010, 01:33:41 PM
It might be best to have a four-band bill, with one other RI act that can draw.  As awesome as we are, I can't guarantee that our MA fans friends will drive down to see us.

What do they have to worry about? It's not like we have a law that says we shoot Massachusetts residents on sight when they cross OUR border...

LMNO

It's not a worry thing, it's a "What stop on the T is that?" thing.

Dimocritus

Yeah. Another RI band would be good, I just need to find one that "fits in" with what we're doing. Although, there is this band "Bad Mother Fucker" who are pretty awesome, and different... we'll see. Just had the idea on Sunday. No rush.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO on June 03, 2010, 02:02:37 PM
It's not a worry thing, it's a "What stop on the T is that?" thing.

Especially if there's beer involved. Yeah, I don't know how many of my peers actually have cars now that I think of it. Neither myself nor my drummer do, and 2 of my roommates are carless. Granted I do have friends with cars, but we would definitely have to get one of them to carpool for the rest, since our gear would prevent us from taking them.

On the bright side, my previous band was able to consistently sucker impress a handful of people to come out with us as far as NYC and Allentown.