News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Because CHRISTMAS, I'm guessing. Depressive substance + the most boring-ass holiday ever?

I've been reflecting on the Pavlovian effect of "Jingle Bells". You hear it a LOT, but it's an anachronism ~ most people have never SEEN a bobtailed horse pulling an open sleigh, much less ridden in one. "*shing-shing shing-shing* Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle alllll the waaaaaaay..." - "GO RUN UP YOUR CREDIT CARDS."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

At least your kids aren't young enough to be getting you up at 5am anymore.

Not that I was ever guilty of that, or anything...

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Wheeeeeeee! Today is going to be so much fun.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 25, 2013, 05:48:02 PM
Because CHRISTMAS, I'm guessing. Depressive substance + the most boring-ass holiday ever?

I've been reflecting on the Pavlovian effect of "Jingle Bells". You hear it a LOT, but it's an anachronism ~ most people have never SEEN a bobtailed horse pulling an open sleigh, much less ridden in one. "*shing-shing shing-shing* Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle alllll the waaaaaaay..." - "GO RUN UP YOUR CREDIT CARDS."

I don't even celebrate Christmas, my gigantic holiday stress-fest was four days ago. I think maybe it's because my friends are having babies.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 25, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

THANK GOD.

Why I would on any level want to subject myself to that again is beyond me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

The Monkey is not yet old enough to get me up at five, I think.  Or perhaps he won't do that.  I'm sorry your night sucked, Nigel.  Feel better. 

And Merry Christmas or whatever to the rest of you!

Cain

Got bored.  Spent all afternoon modding Skyrim to turn it into some kind of Dark Souls-esque experience and drinking champagne I confiscated from a student last year.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had a fantastic night, it's this morning that sucked.  :lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 25, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 25, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

THANK GOD.

Why I would on any level want to subject myself to that again is beyond me.

Babies don't. They wake up when they normally wake up, and you hand them a gift and they bite the ribbon.

Anna Mae Bollocks

After that stage, it's pretty much "I WANT I WANT I WANT..." for years, though.

Someone set the ornamental shrubs across the street on fire. Fire dept and police showed up. Another wonderful chapter in today's adventure. :)

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Sita

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 25, 2013, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: Sita on December 25, 2013, 10:07:40 AM
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or just a plain old Hope your wednesday doesn't suck to everyone!

I get to spend the day in a mental fog wondering how in the hell there can be this much fluid coming from my nose. Oh and presents, which I've been assured there are some over at the parents.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays, Sita. I hope your nose figures out where the shut-off valve is and you get good things from your parents.
Thanks. The boy got the majority of gifts, as usual. Toys, video games, a headset.
We got some towels.
My parents claim this is because I didn't give them a list of things I wanted. So they knew that our towels were old and thought we should have some new ones.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Quote from: Sita on December 26, 2013, 02:14:13 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 25, 2013, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: Sita on December 25, 2013, 10:07:40 AM
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or just a plain old Hope your wednesday doesn't suck to everyone!

I get to spend the day in a mental fog wondering how in the hell there can be this much fluid coming from my nose. Oh and presents, which I've been assured there are some over at the parents.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays, Sita. I hope your nose figures out where the shut-off valve is and you get good things from your parents.
Thanks. The boy got the majority of gifts, as usual. Toys, video games, a headset.
We got some towels.
My parents claim this is because I didn't give them a list of things I wanted. So they knew that our towels were old and thought we should have some new ones.

Well that's entertaining. Still, new towels are kind of awesome. All snuggly and fresh. Especially fresh from the dryer.

minuspace

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on December 25, 2013, 06:54:18 PM
The Monkey is not yet old enough to get me up at five, I think.  Or perhaps he won't do that.  I'm sorry your night sucked, Nigel.  Feel better. 

And Merry Christmas or whatever to the rest of you!

Same here, although it still tries to get up there, eager little moncrey :lulz:
And Merry Christmas, every one :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 25, 2013, 10:49:20 PM
After that stage, it's pretty much "I WANT I WANT I WANT..." for years, though.

Yeah, that's the shit I'm happy to never endure again.

Love them, don't want to have more.