News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Hang it all

Started by MMIX, May 07, 2010, 12:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

Wow - the UK election finally got a bit interesting . . . they are predicting a hungish sort of Parliament with the Tories having the biggest vote but not enough for a clear win. The interesting bit,though, is the hundreds of people queuing in the rain for hours and then being locked out and refused a vote, because they ran out of ballotpapers or somesuch bullshit - and not just in one constituency, currently they are saying its at least 5. The excitement may give me the vapours . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

MMIX

Best political comment of this election ???

Taken from a local shop window on election day

"A millionair funded the Social Democrats to split Labour, so let in Thatcher who sold out to foreigners. Blair and Brown continued Thatcherite policies wrecking the World Economy. Now Lib-Dems say they will put it right but they include the soc-Dems who started the rot - they cannot cure it.
Hang Parliament! Vote against Tory, Labour And Lib-Dems"

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

MMIX

Hmm, 5 days of backroom horse trading and we end up with the Old Etonian Twit supported by the Westminster School Twerp

QuoteWikipedia says

The Royal College of St. Peter in Westminster, almost always known as Westminster School, is one of Britain's leading independent schools,  with the highest Oxbridge acceptance rate of any secondary school or college in the world. Located in the precincts of Westminster Abbey in central London,  and with a history stretching back beyond the 12th century, the school's notable alumni include Ben Jonson, Robert Hooke,  Christopher Wren, John Locke, Jeremy Bentham,  and A. A. Milne.[snip] It is one of the original nine English public schools as defined by the Public Schools Act 1868.

I just saw Cameron stammering his way through a speech loaded with good intentions. Be nice to the poor, yadda, yadda, the disabled, yadda, yadda, the elderly, yadda, yadda . . .  he ummed and aaahed and looked really uncomfortable, just like a man who is lying through his teeth would.

FFS people  - the Tory creep said he has Good Intentions . . .  doesn't he realise that that is what the road to Hell is paved with . . .

God help us all - we may all die laughing yet . . .

Jenne

I'm not surprised...Gordon Brown fucked himself royally in the media, and Cameron's a pretty boy.

MMIX

yeah, I would have put it that Brown was royally fucked by Sky News [ yes they are the UK's Fox News affiliate] if you are talking about the Bigoted-voter-gate, but I have to disagree that Cameron is a pretty boy. Unless you are just comparing him with Brown, in which case all bets are off . . .

Personally I reckon the prettiest boy is old shot-myself in the foot Clegg