News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

The City that Ate People #5 : Places to be

Started by Richter, June 09, 2013, 03:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

I doubt a true misanthrope actually exists, much like a doubt a true solipsist exists.  (for long)

Anyone who truly despised the company of their fellow man would exclude all company, including their own.  If people were so offensive then even the human limitations of their own condition would grate on them.   Oblivion would be preferable.  Why continue even a solitary existence trapped in the form of what one despises most? 

They could learn to deal?  Nope, not total misanthrope there if they could.  It is possible that such total misanthropes have existed, but the condition inherently limits accurate tabulation.  (a well known problem to any student of human psychology) 

More reasonably, and more readily observable, are people who are selective and discriminating in the people they spend their time around.  In fact, if everyone had more fringe interests, properly distributed and spaced out, we could cut the traffic jams in half.  At least.  You'd never have to walk through the flesh press clusterfuck of Yawkey Way after a game.  Each and every one of you is another potential grain of sand in a logistical nightmare. 

Those places EVERYONE wants to be?  Life's better away from them. I want my kind of perverts.

Get out of my damn way.

-R

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Richter

My progress so far:

Some people are ok for certain exposure.
Masses of them jump the shsrk IRL in half an hour tops.
Shunning all people is temporarily theraputic, but long term unfeasible for similar reasons ans the aforementioned total solipsism, misanthropy, or amorality.
Cowards still, only die once, they just wish for it more.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat