News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

So, You Say You're Leaving PD Forever.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 02, 2012, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 17, 2013, 10:00:25 PM
I've missed you guys.
I need to stop being so busy and learn to look busy.

Slack... I've forgotten you.  :sad:

SO HAPPY TO SEE SQUIDDY!!!!!!!!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Malcolm

I got side tracked by germanic reconstructionism. I thought it would be fun to be a viking, but the whole thing boils down to really complicated barbeques. Seriously, you ever been to an Asatru blot. No fun, the hell was I thinking....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Malcolm on January 30, 2013, 02:22:48 AM
I got side tracked by germanic reconstructionism. I thought it would be fun to be a viking, but the whole thing boils down to really complicated barbeques. Seriously, you ever been to an Asatru blot. No fun, the hell was I thinking....

God, it seems like everybody's doing this these days. Joining the Sons of Norway and historical viking reenactment and shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Malcolm

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 30, 2013, 02:23:56 AM
God, it seems like everybody's doing this these days. Joining the Sons of Norway and historical viking reenactment and shit.

I know. I thought it would be all 'Rape and Pillage' not 'Read this' and 'You're doing it wrong'.

Cain

Neopagans.  You're always doin it wrong.  Especially with reconstructionists.  Apparently, the ancient Vikings shoved massive sticks up their arses, you see....

EK WAFFLR

Norwegians aren't.  We get drunk.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Malcolm

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2013, 09:35:49 AM
Neopagans.  You're always doin it wrong.  Especially with reconstructionists.  Apparently, the ancient Vikings shoved massive sticks up their arses, you see....

Yes, but only sticks made from certain kinds of wood referenced in one obscure saga you've never heard about. Everyone is doing it wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malcolm on January 30, 2013, 01:03:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2013, 09:35:49 AM

Yes, but only sticks made from certain kinds of wood referenced in one obscure saga you've never heard about. Everyone is doing it wrong.

:lulz:

I like this guy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

You might remember him back from the good old days on MW. 

Speaking of which, the MW page on Facebook is hilarious.  Lots of crying and confusion about the site being left to expire.  Or, as they are explaining it, "down due to repeated hacking".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on January 30, 2013, 12:25:05 PM

Norwegians aren't.  We get drunk.

This is how I know I've been Norwegian my entire life.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2013, 07:01:36 PM

Speaking of which, the MW page on Facebook is hilarious.  Lots of crying and confusion about the site being left to expire.  Or, as they are explaining it, "down due to repeated hacking".

What do you want to be that not only was it not hacked even once, but that what really happened was that an admin accidentally the whole database while trying to delete something they didn't like?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 30, 2013, 09:21:26 PM

What do you want to be that not only was it not hacked even once, but that what really happened was that an admin accidentally the whole database while trying to delete something they didn't like?

Almost certain.

That or the various VBulletin mods they used, which allowed them to monitor private communications of members and similar, created flaws in the forum, making it glitch out and crash.

That or Mol was too busy indulging in his meth habit and need to expose himself to strangers to remember to pay the bill on time.

I'm going for some mix of all three.

Sita

MW was actually hacked twice in December by some white hat hackers.
After the second time Mol went to their board and called them names, so they took off the white gloves.

He also never changed his damn password which let them immediately undo anything that was trying to fixed, thus he totally took the site down. Supposedly to work on it uninterrupted.
No communication since then about what's going on, but it's starting to be believed that he's just given up on it and the place isn't coming back. Or if it does it will be completely wiped and started from scratch.

It's like a bad soap opera you just can't stop watching.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Malcolm

Not entirely sure I would refer to them as 'the good old days' but it was my first exposure to Discordians. What a train wreck that whole place was....but y'know. Everything gets you where you are. Man, that was years ago....