News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Mapping the terrain.

Started by nerinamakani, May 19, 2010, 04:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerinamakani

LMNO...that's what I was trying to express. Also was trying to impart my reverence for those perceptions, however limited.

terrain big personality, me little personality encapsulated in terrain.
Warning: Definitions may become blurry as you enter the white light of mysticism.

Kai

Quote from: nerinamakani on May 20, 2010, 08:40:02 PM
LMNO...that's what I was trying to express. Also was trying to impart my reverence for those perceptions, however limited.

terrain big personality, me little personality encapsulated in terrain.

Around these parts we call that the Black Iron Prison.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

...therefore, litte personality cannot describe terrain.

So, stop describing, and start creating.

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on May 20, 2010, 08:49:28 PM

Sometimes description precludes creation.

Kai,

Doktor Systematik
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Kai on May 20, 2010, 08:58:23 PM

Kai,

Doktor Systematik

I agree. Describing the territory means applying labels to bits of the territory "That IS a tree" "That IS a creek" etc. Once we humans decide what something IS it becomes much more difficult to consider that thing as possibly something else.

So, describing the terrain while only seeing it from the 'little personality', means that we might be applying the incorrect labels. Applying the incorrect labels, means we might have a harder time changing our minds about the territory later.

I think...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

nerinamakani

I read the prison awhile back.

Preferred the golden sphere idea if you can't tell.

Been trying to steer my ship away from cynicism and towards reverence/divinity.
Not that they are mutually exclusive or anything. (look at tgrr for christs sake)
Found out my system can only handle just so much bile is all.

""...therefore, litte personality cannot describe terrain."" May it strive to embody it within your framework?

Worshippers becoming aspects of that which they worship.
Guess I'm trying to create myself.

""""I agree. Describing the territory means applying labels to bits of the territory "That IS a tree" "That IS a creek" etc. Once we humans decide what something IS it becomes much more difficult to consider that thing as possibly something else.

So, describing the terrain while only seeing it from the 'little personality', means that we might be applying the incorrect labels. Applying the incorrect labels, means we might have a harder time changing our minds about the territory later.

I think...""""

Solution: Close inspection and reflection of terrain. Continual worship? (I just know someones gonna hate my terms)
Warning: Definitions may become blurry as you enter the white light of mysticism.

hooplala

There is no cynicism in the BIP.  The words are just metaphors.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

nerinamakani

True.

I've seen some react to it cynically though.

Kai

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 20, 2010, 09:07:56 PM
Quote from: Kai on May 20, 2010, 08:58:23 PM

Kai,

Doktor Systematik

I agree. Describing the territory means applying labels to bits of the territory "That IS a tree" "That IS a creek" etc. Once we humans decide what something IS it becomes much more difficult to consider that thing as possibly something else.

I think...

I said "precludes" but I really should have said (and meant) whatever the best word is for "necessarily comes before" or "preludes" or whatever. I'm slightly drunk, no excuse.

hooplala

Quote from: nerinamakani on May 20, 2010, 09:42:43 PM
True.

I've seen some react to it cynically though.

Freedom means freedom to be wrong.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

I JUST CREATED SOMETHING, DUDE!  WANNA HEAR ABOUT IT?
Molon Lube

Kai

Requires?

In systematics, no sense can be made until the species are given names, are properly described. Only then do patterns become clear.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: nerinamakani on May 20, 2010, 09:21:48 PM
I read the prison awhile back.

Preferred the golden sphere idea if you can't tell.

Been trying to steer my ship away from cynicism and towards reverence/divinity.
Not that they are mutually exclusive or anything. (look at tgrr for christs sake)
Found out my system can only handle just so much bile is all.

Bile is optional. Some people choose to use it, some people choose not to use it. I think for me, the GSP and the BIP are the same, except in how the individual chooses to perceive them. If they see themselves as a prisoner, then they're playing in the BIP, if they see themselves as a passenger then they're playing with the GSP. Either way they're limited in their perception and their experience...

""...therefore, litte personality cannot describe terrain."" May it strive to embody it within your framework?

Worshippers becoming aspects of that which they worship.
Guess I'm trying to create myself.

Not sure where you're going with that.

""""I agree. Describing the territory means applying labels to bits of the territory "That IS a tree" "That IS a creek" etc. Once we humans decide what something IS it becomes much more difficult to consider that thing as possibly something else.

I think...""""

Solution: Close inspection and reflection of terrain. Continual worship? (I just know someones gonna hate my terms)

Continual inspection and reflection of what we perceive as the terrain maybe?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson