News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Book Club: Guy Debord and the Situationist International

Started by Cain, January 04, 2010, 05:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

No, don't worry, I made another copy.  I just wanted to bitch about losing the original file.

Cain

Actually, I've been thinking...I've kinda made a pig's ear of this, and its pretty understandable people might be annoyed with that.

So my suggestion is we leave this for the moment, and move onto something related, but different.  There is a tract that originated in France, with some situationist influences, called "The Coming Insurrection".  It is kind of a big deal in radical circles, because the text is associated with the Tarnac 9, French anarchist saboteurs who were arrested in a very high profile case on the Continent, not least because of the use of draconian anti-terrorism legislation against the 9, who never hurt anyone physically with their actions.

Also Glenn Beck pissed himself in fear when he reviwed the book for FOX News, which alone makes me curious.  If anyone is interested, I'll start a new thread.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

Sounds like a plan.  I'll slap it onto my kindle when I get home.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Rumckle

Cool, I've started it, and seems pretty good so far.

Will post some first thoughts tomorrow if I get the time.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cain

I was going to post some in a day or two as well, so I look foward to your thoughts.  I was going to do some hardcore reading of it yesterday, but I was so tired the words kept running into each other on the page and I couldn't concentrate properly.  I reckon we should start a new thread for it, personally.

BadBeast

I seem to remember the first rule of Book Club, is that we don't talk about Book Club.  . . . . Or was that something else?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4