News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

So it's looking more and more likely that it's coming down to McCain and Hillary unless this Kennedy endorsement gives Obama some legs on Super Tuesday.  

If this is the case I can't wait to listen to Rush Limbaugh's program.  He hasn't been shy about how much he hates McCain, but I figure he's going to have to support him.  It should be quite entertaining seeing the logistical gymnastics he performs to rationalize his former positions on McCain.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

The entire Fox New pundit team has been repeatedly pwned during this primary cycle. 

QuoteLet's take an extended multiple choice quiz. Right now, which of the following topics is likely causing the discomfort inside Ailes' Fox News empire?

A) CNN's resurgence as the go-to cable destination for election coverage.
B) The incredible shrinking candidacy of Fox News' favored son, Rudy Giuliani.
C) The still-standing candidacy of Fox News nemesis and well-funded, anti-war GOP candidate Rep. Ron Paul.
D) The Democratic candidates' blanket refusal to debate on Fox News during the primary season.
E) Host Bill O'Reilly being so desperate for an interview from a Democratic contender that he had to schlep all the way to New Hampshire, where he shoved an aide to Sen. Barack Obama and then had to be calmed down by Secret Service agents.
F) Former Fox News architect and Ailes confidante Dan Cooper posting chapters from his a wildly unflattering tell-all book about his old boss. ("The best thing that ever happened to Roger Ailes was 9/11.")
G) The fledgling Fox Business Network, whose anemic ratings are in danger of being surpassed by some large city public access channels.
H) Host John Gibson's recent heartless attacks on actor Heath Ledger, just hours after the young actor was found dead.
I) Fox News reporter Major Garrett botching his "exclusive" that Paul Begala and James Carville were going to join Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, and then refusing to correct the record.

I'd say it's

A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. (I doubt Gibson's grave-dancing or Garrett's whopper caused Ailes a moment's concern.)

Sean Hannity served as Fox News' official ambassador to the Giuliani campaign; a campaign that Ailes and Fox News were hoping to ride back into the White House. Yet despite showering Giuliani with all kinds of laudatory coverage, both Hannity and Ailes have been powerless, as they watched Giuliani's rudderless campaign go nowhere for months.

Even an all-out Fox News marketing blitz to label Giuliani "America's Mayor" never got traction. In fact, it ranked right up there with the launch of New Coke, in terms of branding success.

In the meantime, the rise of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and especially Mike Huckabee, with his populist streak, has caused all sorts of consternation at Fox News. Even the conservative Weekly Standard took noticed. The magazine recently wrote that "A lot of conservatives have problems with both Huckabee and McCain. Last night on Fox, for example, Sean Hannity could barely conceal his distaste for both pols."

http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/75359/

:lulz:

LMNO

AFK

AFK

Also, in "Who didn't see this one coming?" news:

John Edwards will be dropping out of the race today:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22913001/

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 30, 2008, 02:37:24 PM
Unless of course he becomes McCain's running mate. 

Actually, according to Morning After, McCain is dangling the offer of becoming VP in front of Huckabee to keep him in the race and siphon off votes from Romney, and apparently Huckabee is biting.

Think happy thoughts now.

AFK

Yeah, I heard that theory last night as well.  It's essentially become everybody against Mitt Romney. 

And also, I'm interested in y'alls theories as to why Ron Paul is still in the race.  I tend to think he must have enough common sense to know he has no shot.  So what does he gain by staying in?  Any theories?

Cain

Probably because if he quit now, his supporters would blow up the UN Headquarters or Federal Reserve for "forcing him out of it".

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 30, 2008, 02:58:40 PM
Yeah, I heard that theory last night as well.  It's essentially become everybody against Mitt Romney. 

And also, I'm interested in y'alls theories as to why Ron Paul is still in the race.  I tend to think he must have enough common sense to know he has no shot.  So what does he gain by staying in?  Any theories?

Same reason Kucinich stayed in past the first week.  To "bring attention to issues".

Like blowing up the Federal Reserve and DOE.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2008, 02:51:11 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 30, 2008, 02:37:24 PM
Unless of course he becomes McCain's running mate. 

Actually, according to Morning After, McCain is dangling the offer of becoming VP in front of Huckabee to keep him in the race and siphon off votes from Romney, and apparently Huckabee is biting.

Think happy thoughts now.

link?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

sweet. thanks.

My dad is a big Mccain guy, I can't wait to see the look on his face when I tell him his guy is gonna put a fundie nutjob within a heartbeat of the presidency.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Its life insurance, Republican style.  Who'd want to assassinate McCain, when they realize who the next in line is?

East Coast Hustle

Cain

Makes me wonder who Hillary will pick as her VP though.  Joe Lieberman?