News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Philip Larkin ladies & germs ....

Started by James Vagabond, October 05, 2013, 03:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Vagabond

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL REMOVED.

Please don't do that again.

- TGRR,
Checked to see if it was still intellectual property.  It is.

MMIX

If it wasn't "This Be The Verse" then it probably wasn't worth posting anyway. 
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

James Vagabond

Quote from: James Vagabond on October 05, 2013, 03:28:27 PM
COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL REMOVED.

Please don't do that again.

- TGRR,
Checked to see if it was still intellectual property.  It is.

wtf?  :roll:

East Coast Hustle

It's pretty simple. We try not to violate IP laws on this site because we don't like getting sued.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bruno

I don't think I've ever known a message board to give a shit unless asked by the IP owner to take it down.

Except when it was some cracked software, or possibly a movie or music or something.
Formerly something else...

LMNO

Welcome to PD. Line forms to the left.

Salty

Ill take that minor inconvenience over being allowed to tell ECH, or any mods, to fuck off, should it be required, without getting kicked off the board or put on probation or some bullshit like that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 09, 2013, 11:40:39 PM
I don't think I've ever known a message board to give a shit unless asked by the IP owner to take it down.

Except when it was some cracked software, or possibly a movie or music or something.

Yeah, but most message boards don't occasionally weaponize themselves. We need to maintain plausible deniability.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pope Pixie Pickle

yanno, they could've just posted a fucking LINK.

:lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

When he presents the material without a link, and it is in fact copyrighted somewhere else, he fucking puts Faust and ECH at risk.

If you don't like it, allow me to refer you to our complaints department, ECH.

DOUR,
Grumpy as fuck and not willing to listen to the snide fucking remarks today.  If this was fucking tyranny, I'd have banned his fucking ass.  Goddammit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2013, 04:23:42 AM
Welcome to PD. Line forms to the left.

Yeah, the gas chambers are down for cleaning, so everyone on the left.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 11, 2013, 05:18:54 PM

When he presents the material without a link, and it is in fact copyrighted somewhere else, he fucking puts Faust and ECH at risk.

DOUR,
Grumpy as fuck and not willing to listen to the snide fucking remarks today.  If this was fucking tyranny, I'd have banned his fucking ass.  Goddammit.

This.

Quote from: Pixie on November 10, 2013, 01:09:02 PM
yanno, they could've just posted a fucking LINK.

:lol:

And, this.

East Coast Hustle

DOUR,

Any potential complainants should keep in mind that I have already used up my reasonable answer for this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 11, 2013, 08:33:24 PM

DOUR,

Any potential complainants should keep in mind that I have already used up my reasonable answer for this.

ECH is just being shy.  He loves it when people come to him all blubbering and whiny.

He's like Goddamn Mahatma Ghandi and Mr Rogers, all rolled into one horrible, horrible sea-going abomination.

Bruno

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 10, 2013, 11:15:20 AM

Yeah, but most message boards don't occasionally weaponize themselves. We need to maintain plausible deniability.

I hear ya. I was just curious.

It's just not something I see a lot of, particularly here.

So if I understand correctly, all it needed was a link and the post would have been good to go?
Formerly something else...