News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

DO WE HAVE A THREAD ABOUT MILEY YET?

Started by Pæs, November 25, 2013, 07:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 27, 2013, 04:12:26 AM
In context it's not that bad. The title and the teasers for that article make it sound like Lawrence is saying sex is gross, when she's just saying "sex sells, and it's gross that younger sex sells better."

I'm not sure I agree. With her, I mean; I agree with what you're saying.

It's gross when you're talking about younger teenage kids, but people in their 20's? Prime reproductive age? They're obsessed with sex. It's part culture, but it's a much larger part biological imperative.

Why do you think the old biddies get so upset about it? It's because they're JEALOUS. After a certain age, sex is no longer the priority, and for some of us, being reminded of that sets off our mortality triggers so we get all catty and bitter. At those DISGUSTING FIRM YOUNG BODIES BEING ALL SEXUAL.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

And part of that is biology again, ancient primitive territorial instinct kicks in if you think others are being selected for sex over you.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 05:55:12 AM
In context it's not that bad. The title and the teasers for that article make it sound like Lawrence is saying sex is gross, when she's just saying "sex sells, and it's gross that younger sex sells better."

It's gross when you're talking about younger teenage kids, but people in their 20's? Prime reproductive age? They're obsessed with sex. It's part culture, but it's a much larger part biological imperative.

Why do you think the old biddies get so upset about it? It's because they're JEALOUS. After a certain age, sex is no longer the priority, and for some of us, being reminded of that sets off our mortality triggers so we get all catty and bitter. At those DISGUSTING FIRM YOUNG BODIES BEING ALL SEXUAL.

I see that, but I think the point both of them are addressing is younger than 20s sex. Miley is going out of her way to incorporate weird, childish things into her ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU WANTED sexy grossness, and I would hazard the guess that it's because her sexiness was being sold when she was a teenager. Before she had creative control. This is her poledancing at a performance when she was 16: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/10/article-0-06027C6B000005DC-772_468x652.jpg

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 27, 2013, 04:57:59 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 05:55:12 AM

I see that, but I think the point both of them are addressing is younger than 20s sex. Miley is going out of her way to incorporate weird, childish things into her ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU WANTED sexy grossness, and I would hazard the guess that it's because her sexiness was being sold when she was a teenager. Before she had creative control. This is her poledancing at a performance when she was 16: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/10/article-0-06027C6B000005DC-772_468x652.jpg

Yeah, that was the point of her performance. But I'm not sure what that really has to do with the sentiment about "young sex" because as of right now all the sexy sexy young pop stars are over 18.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on November 27, 2013, 12:21:33 PM
And part of that is biology again, ancient primitive territorial instinct kicks in if you think others are being selected for sex over you.

Yep.

For example, some people are horrified that I'm OK with my 17-year-old daughter having sex.

WTF am I supposed to do? Lock her up? Fuck no! She's 17, she's SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING SEX. It's what young sexually mature people are designed to do. Me on the other hand? Haven't gotten laid since August, and I'm pretty much OK with that. My mind is occupied with other things, which is one of the rare perks of getting older.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 06:47:03 PM

Yep.

For example, some people are horrified that I'm OK with my 17-year-old daughter having sex.

WTF am I supposed to do? Lock her up? Fuck no! She's 17, she's SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING SEX. It's what young sexually mature people are designed to do. Me on the other hand? Haven't gotten laid since August, and I'm pretty much OK with that. My mind is occupied with other things, which is one of the rare perks of getting older.

THIS THIS THIS.

There's an idea these days, that people who are IN THEIR SEXUAL PRIME, are NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE SEX. They need to concentrate solely on SCHOOL, and then concentrate solely on their CAREER, and by the time THAT really gets going (if they're very, very lucky) they're supposed to SPOUSE HUNT and maybe by the time everything's in place they have some frozen eggs someplace that can be shoved into a surrogate. Ack.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 27, 2013, 08:08:06 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 06:47:03 PM

Yep.

THIS THIS THIS.

There's an idea these days, that people who are IN THEIR SEXUAL PRIME, are NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE SEX. They need to concentrate solely on SCHOOL, and then concentrate solely on their CAREER, and by the time THAT really gets going (if they're very, very lucky) they're supposed to SPOUSE HUNT and maybe by the time everything's in place they have some frozen eggs someplace that can be shoved into a surrogate. Ack.  :x

Yeah, like it's somehow normal or virtuous to not fuck during your reproductive peak.

Cainad (dec.)

Yep.

No no no, you're supposed to be all weird and uncomfortable about it. You need to arbitrarily implement bizarre and draconian rules about the who/what/where/when of her social existence that will be completely ineffective at doing anything, except straining your relationship.

:dream:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 29, 2013, 06:09:07 PM

Yep.

No no no, you're supposed to be all weird and uncomfortable about it. You need to arbitrarily implement bizarre and draconian rules about the who/what/where/when of her social existence that will be completely ineffective at doing anything, except straining your relationship.

:horrormirth:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 29, 2013, 06:31:53 PM

Yep.

And then she can grow up with warped ideas about sex and relationships, and if she finally develops a comfortable mentality about her sexuality it won't be until she's in her 30s, if it happens at all. Then when she has kids of her own (especially daughters), she can reflexively impart all of that psychological malaise onto them once they're old enough to be having sex.

This is how we keep ourselves so well-adjusted as a nation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 29, 2013, 07:26:26 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 29, 2013, 06:31:53 PM

Yep.

And then she can grow up with warped ideas about sex and relationships, and if she finally develops a comfortable mentality about her sexuality it won't be until she's in her 30s, if it happens at all. Then when she has kids of her own (especially daughters), she can reflexively impart all of that psychological malaise onto them once they're old enough to be having sex.

This is how we keep ourselves so well-adjusted as a nation.

It all makes perfect sense!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

People are really having fun with this.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Telarus

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DmHGYy_xk

Video is probably NSFW. Miley has jumped to viral meme.

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!