News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Lucid Dreaming.

Started by Odibex Grallspice, December 27, 2013, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odibex Grallspice

Anyone practice it.I mean, it's merely a form of entertainment, not some one stop to enlightenment. I usually end up grabbing titties. Which is a bit shallow, I'll be the first to admit. Generally, with this thread, I'm hoping to get some tips on getting something more substantial out of it.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm not sure what the attraction is, to be honest.

Dreams, to me, are like movies.  And if I'm directing them, then there's no surprises.  Boring.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

You could "travel places".

Either starting from your room, reaching little checkpoints (the ceiling, the door, lamp in living room) until you are outside. Then go anywhere. Keeping it realistic is a challenge and fun.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Odibex Grallspice

Well, I guess it's the same attraction as playing a video game. And it gives you a chance to go over your brain real good. But, yeah, something would be lacking if all my dreams were lucid.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on December 27, 2013, 07:09:52 PM

Either starting from your room, reaching little checkpoints (the ceiling, the door, lamp in living room) until you are outside. Then go anywhere. Keeping it realistic is a challenge and fun.

Yeah, problem is, by the time I get to checkpoint #1, the dudes with no faces are chasing me, and everything goes downhill from there.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

I think the brain can suprise you sometimes, thats why keeping it mundane and then seeing what happens is fun for me.

That said, I am too lazy for lucid dreaming.

And I am grateful when the world just STOPS for a little bit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 27, 2013, 07:10:34 PM
Well, I guess it's the same attraction as playing a video game. And it gives you a chance to go over your brain real good.

Have you SEEN my brain?  I don't want anything to do with that filthy bucket of slop.

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 27, 2013, 07:11:19 PM

Yeah, problem is, by the time I get to checkpoint #1, the dudes with no faces are chasing me, and everything goes downhill from there.

:lol:
Well, its not for everybody.

But if only you could PROJECT your dreams.

Odibex Grallspice

Exactly, when I realize I'm in my room, I know it's a lucid dream generally. I always worry that the lock on my door is going to be set, but it never is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on December 27, 2013, 07:12:53 PM

But if only you could PROJECT your dreams.

Nobody would ever get bored.  Ever.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

My experiments with lucid dreaming led to night terrors, a higher frequency of nightmares, and being exhausted as fuck in the morning. I'm too tense and anal retentive to enjoy it.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Sita

My brain won't let me lucid dream. As soon as I realize that I'm in a dream I wake up :(
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Payne

I don't wanna fuck around with dreams anyway. At worst case that's basically the same as fucking around with your computers filing mechanism when you have no idea what you're doing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on December 27, 2013, 09:03:25 PM
I don't wanna fuck around with dreams anyway. At worst case that's basically the same as fucking around with your computers filing mechanism when you have no idea what you're doing.

Yeah, if dreams are your brain's way of taking out the trash, why the fuck would you monkey with it?

Odds are, you'll just wind up with the trashman on strike and your head full of garbage.

Payne

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 27, 2013, 09:04:28 PM
Quote from: Payne on December 27, 2013, 09:03:25 PM

Yeah, if dreams are your brain's way of taking out the trash, why the fuck would you monkey with it?

Odds are, you'll just wind up with the trashman on strike and your head full of garbage.

It would start leaking out your various orifices in a glompy manner.

It would not look 'smart casual' at all.