News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Gun shoots around corners

Started by Adios, September 07, 2011, 08:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

AFK

Pfft!  Elmer Fudd invented that DECADES ago!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Quote from: The R-tist Sometimes Known as WHN on September 07, 2011, 08:19:20 PM
Pfft!  Elmer Fudd invented that DECADES ago!

This is why I am glad you are here, I thought it was Dick Tracy!

Elder Iptuous

The germans had the stg44 with a curved barrel and mirror assembly for firing around corners.  I think they had an mp44 with it, too
the russians copied this with their PPSh41 fitted with a curved barrel.

CornerShot's pistol holder debuted at the SHOT Show a number of years ago, but i don't know if it has been used much.
it's a pretty bulky thing to point a pistol with.
i'm curious how well one can make followup shots with it... you make a shot and the target lives, then i would think you could get yourself in a tough spot.  i wouldn't think you would use it in normal room clearing manuevers, as you would just announce your presence before the column busts into the room.

i just don't know how useful the thing is.

that being said....
WANT.

BadBeast

Yeah, Heckler & Koch made what they called a "Krummlauf" attachment for the MP 44, it went on the end of the barrel, and had a periscope to sight through. It could shoot accurately at angles from 30-90 degrees, and was used at the siege of Stalingrad apparently. Although I don't know how effective it would have been, except for shooting around corners. It could be taken on and off quickly too, so you didn't have to do the whole battle with a bent barrel. Which was good.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

I want a mind-controlled cyborg gorilla with a shotgun that fires tasers.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 16, 2011, 06:57:19 PM

I want an army of radioactive mind-controlled cyborg gorillas with harpoon guns that fire tasers.
Molon Lube

AFK

I want an army of radioactive mind-controlled mimes that can walk through walls.  I will march them to Capitol Hill and filibuster like it's my god-damned birthday!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 16, 2011, 07:05:24 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 16, 2011, 06:57:19 PM

I want an army of radioactive mind-controlled cyborg gorillas with harpoon guns that fire tasers.

I want a space armada of anti-matter mind-controlled cyborg gorillas with harpoon railguns that fire tesla coils.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Bruno

I want a taser gun that, instead of tasers, shoots real bullets!

Damn, I'm really not very good at this.  :sad:
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

I don't think anyone can really top a harpoon railgun that fires tesla coils.

BadBeast

I want a radio controlled Zal Clemenson, who shoots hypnogogic brain jelly bombs out of his guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DsUoYk-V2U&feature=related
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

rong

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 17, 2011, 01:15:00 PM
I don't think anyone can really top a harpoon railgun that fires tesla coils.

what about a bazooka that fires harpoon railguns that fire tesla coils?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Luna

Mind controlled gorillas, armed with auxiliary mind control lazors.  In power armor. 

Mounted on mind-controlled T-Rexes.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."