News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Jenne and Khara

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, April 15, 2011, 03:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

what is this i don't even..... GOd damn this is brilliant!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Phox

:lulz:
I cannot even respond to this.
:lulz:

Dysfunctional Cunt

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:

I think I cracked a rib!!!  :lulz:

BRAVO TWID!!!!

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Jenne

Is great masterpiece--and I didn't think you could outdo the first one!  :lol:  Bravo, Nevvie Twid!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on January 19, 2012, 06:26:23 AM
I just tried to comprehend "north" as it relates to the sun and I think my brain is broken forever.

I have no idea how to tell directions in space. I would get so lost.

Ok, I figured this out while PD was down today. The solar system is heading roughly towards the star Vega (in the constellation Lyra), which 12000 years ago was the North Star (Polaris, of course, is currently the North Star), so, if this were to happen and you were to look at the Earth and had a some sort of sensors on the DeLorean to get a good image, you would be looking at it from such an angle that you would mostly see the Northern Hemisphere of the Earth, with Vega behind you. If you were to look at Saturn, you would see the planet and the whole of the rings.

Interestingly enough, you would also see Vega from such an angle- It rotates at such a rate that it bulges to 23% larger than it is at its poles, and takes on an egg shape, however due to the angle it looks brighter and larger that it is on average to us. This image is from wikipedia which compares Vega to Sol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Or, I could remember that I have Celestia on my computer, go to Vega, center Sol, zoom to view from 1400 AU and screenshot to actually show you.  :oops:

That circle around the Sun is Neptune's orbit.

Triple Zero

If someone were to ask me, I'd define North/South in the solar system to be the perpendicular axis of the planetary disk or something?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yes- thats how id definite to too- in relation to the axis. Theres another set of coordinates to describe objects in relation to the galaxy but i dont know them and would probably be even more befuddling at first.