News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Ylva's Photography

Started by Ylva, October 13, 2008, 09:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ylva

http://selfmy.deviantart.com/ is where I post all my photography and poems and whatnot's.

1-

"Let the waves come in"

2-

"Candle"
(I'm so original  :roll: )

3-

"Derelict Farmstead Series No. 5"

4-

"Worm Wood"

Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.  ~Moshe Dayan
Our souls are all suffocating.

That's as fucking smart as I get people.

East Coast Hustle

those are actually pretty good.

I'd say you're already better than 99% of "photographers" (which is usually just a way to pretend to go to school and keep mommy and daddy from cutting off your trust fund without having to actually DO anything).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ylva

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 13, 2008, 10:48:40 PM
those are actually pretty good.

I'd say you're already better than 99% of "photographers" (which is usually just a way to pretend to go to school and keep mommy and daddy from cutting off your trust fund without having to actually DO anything).

Thanks!
And I know what you mean with that whole "99% of "photographers"" thing.

Do you think I could have done anything differently to make the photo's better? And what exactly do you like about them anyway?

Payne

I love all of them, except the candle one.

The first is very cool, just for the great timing, and the light is great.

The third has a very disturbing perspective and composition.

And the last hs both great lighting and a very strange composition that I didn't like when I saw it first time round, but appears to work.

The Candle is just boring.

Ylva

Quote from: Payne on October 13, 2008, 11:03:38 PM
I love all of them, except the candle one.

The first is very cool, just for the great timing, and the light is great.

The third has a very disturbing perspective and composition.

And the last hs both great lighting and a very strange composition that I didn't like when I saw it first time round, but appears to work.

The Candle is just boring.
Yeah... that first one was a BITCH! I took over 200 shots to get that one, and you know what, most people like the stairs one which was me leaning through a window and not even putting any thought into what I was doing.

I glad you said something that wasn't all positive and happy, thank you.

Cain

Seconding what Payne said, only adding that I especially like number 3.  What did you do to get that effect?  In some ways, it almost looks like it was drawn, instead of taken.

Ylva

Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2008, 12:07:10 AM
Seconding what Payne said, only adding that I especially like number 3.  What did you do to get that effect?  In some ways, it almost looks like it was drawn, instead of taken.
Well, I started by taking it in black and white. The ISO speed (which is 100) gave it that grainy look. Then all I did was play a bit with the contrast (not much) and TA DA! It helped that that day was rather dark and foggy.
I tend to always play a bit with the contrast and/or colours of my photos because my cheap-ass camera likes to make everything look like crap.

My Cheap-ass Camera
Make: CEC
Model: DV
Shutter Speed: 1/8 second
F Number: F/3.0
ISO Speed: 100

By the way, the programs that I use to tweak photos is Paint Shop Pro 8 and Adobe Photoshop CS. I use to use Picasa (a free program from Google) before I got the other programs simply because it was easy to use and it was free.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like those, especially the tree.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ylva

Quote from: Nigel on October 14, 2008, 08:10:25 PM
I like those, especially the tree.
Thanks!  :D
Why the tree though?

Eve

The tree is my favorite. I just like trees. :) I agree that the candle one is a bit boring, but I like the contrast all the same.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Ylva

Quote from: Eve on October 15, 2008, 01:58:07 AM
The tree is my favorite. I just like trees. :) I agree that the candle one is a bit boring, but I like the contrast all the same.
Trees are cool. Thanks!  :D
Yeah, only thing good about the candle; contrast. Though, I also like the texture of the fake glass which is really some weird plastic like stuff.

Dr Goofy

Those are some pretty good pictures.

I am now watching you, always watching....  :ninja:

On da that is beware of the roman-tick!

The Dark Monk

Fantastic
Keep it up.
I LIKED THE CANDLE ONE THE REST OF YOU WAXY WICK HATING SPAGS.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Honey

Nice, very nice!   :) 

I like the 1st 1 with the waves best.  I like how it makes me feel.  Liked all of them & I do like taking black & white, it's a different way of seeing.  The flame on the candle 1 is not hot enuff but I like the crackles in it.  Thanks & respect!
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

East Coast Hustle

I like the first one best, but I'm not certain what I'm looking at. Is that waves breaking over smooth rocks or is that all water and you just caught the back-flow of the wave at some odd moment?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"