News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

That Saigon cinnamon is the SHIT. It's soooo flavorful!

My friend in Rochester, NY works at a speciality food store, and she sent me a ton of goodies to brew with, including the Saigon cinnamon, which is ground, a full pound of regular cinnamon sticks, another pound of the mulling spices, and a thing of pumpkin pie spice I want to put in a beer.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Should I maybe dump a cinnamon stick or two in that apple mead that's bubbling like crazy now?

I have a lot of cinnamon sticks in my spices cupboard, even chunks that look like genuine tree bark (kinda tasty/hot to nibble on), that I never use for anything.

how much sticks should I use on 2.1 gal?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Suu

Luna

Apple cider is out of the carboy, and tasty.

I put it in the freezer, for safekeeping.  Yeah.  Because I have to wash the bottles, should've thought of that before I took it out of the carboy.  I'll get to that in a few days...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cainad (dec.)

I left a jug of apple cider in my fridge on LI on Friday, and it had already started getting fizzy and the jug was all swollen. Out of curiosity, I left it there.

Now I get to see the SCIENCY results today :lulz:

Suu

We had one of those last year at the brewing contest. Just a, "We left this unpasteurized cider in the back of the fridge for a year, let's see what happened!"

It was vinegar.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cainad on November 01, 2011, 03:48:45 PM
I left a jug of apple cider in my fridge on LI on Friday, and it had already started getting fizzy and the jug was all swollen. Out of curiosity, I left it there.

Now I get to see the SCIENCY results today :lulz:

Be sure to leave the cap slightly ajar so the CO2 can escape otherwise it'll EXPLODE!! Seriously you don't want that mess. Waterlocks are nice, but slightly opened cap also works fine.

Quote from: Suu on November 01, 2011, 05:18:55 PM
We had one of those last year at the brewing contest. Just a, "We left this unpasteurized cider in the back of the fridge for a year, let's see what happened!"

It was vinegar.

Apple vinegar is good too, right? I mean, for cooking or salad dressing etc.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Yeah apple vinegar is good, but when entered as a cider in a brewing competition it usually gets a low score.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Cainad (dec.)

Cap was sealed, and the bottle was hard as a rock by the time I got back to rescue it, but it hadn't burst.

It's definitely alcohol, but probably not for too much longer.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cainad on November 01, 2011, 06:41:09 PM
Cap was sealed, and the bottle was hard as a rock by the time I got back to rescue it, but it hadn't burst.

You mean you're drinking it, or assuming it'll end up spoiling?

If the latter, it probably won't. Trust your smell. Then your taste. Then drink and enjoy! (Hell you survived a FUCKING ORANGE EATING CONTEST, it's not like you're not invincible or anything)

Suu

Apple cider vinegar is also a potent laxative.

-Suu
had to clean her pipes with it on several occasions.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 02, 2011, 12:00:00 AM
Quote from: Cainad on November 01, 2011, 06:41:09 PM

You mean you're drinking it, or assuming it'll end up spoiling?

If the latter, it probably won't. Trust your smell. Then your taste. Then drink and enjoy! (Hell you survived a FUCKING ORANGE EATING CONTEST, it's not like you're not invincible or anything)

The latter, but I might change my mind because that's an awfully good point.

*tasting*

It's pretty weak, but definitely alcoholic. Might as well polish it off, there's not much left.

BabylonHoruv

Hard rootbeer coming up as soon as my friend with the sassafras trees gets me some bark.  it's gonna have molasses, honey, sassafras, and licorice.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl