News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Discourse 25: The last Rennaisance Man

Started by Trollax, May 05, 2004, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Personally I don't watch much TV at all. But I'm a biblophile, When I'm not in front of PC writing articles, essays, discourses, and websites. I've got my nose stapled between pages 125 and 126 of my latest aquisition from cooks hill books. I've been no fan of the television media since I was 13 years old, since I started reading Nexus and New Dawn. That first day getting to be further and further away these days. I remember being thoroughly chewed out by my fundamentalist father for badmouthing Bush, a man who had the gall to say on national TV whilst scheming for election back in 2000, that if someone was on death row there's no way they weren't guilty.

But TV does piss me off. Entertainment has gone the way of the dinousaur the same way that poetry is being bled out of our music in favour of endless streams of rhyming couplets written for people who's sole claim to fame is that they have the current year's face. There are a dozen new reality TV shows every year, and the one show with a script that I've loved in a long time isn't even shown in this country anymore. Not that any network is ever consistent about how and when shows are telivised anymore, everything is bumped around for the latest pay toilet camera special.

We live at the bottom of a hole. A hole we have dug for ourselves letting a bunch of bottom-feeding airheads tell us what we want to see: A shrinking bottom line, fueled by loud-mouthed obnoxious prats sold to us as the ethos of our national image. Does anyone ever read anymore? What about Cummings? Ginsberg? Wordsworth? We have no idea what intelligence means anymore, if you can spell properly, you're a geek. Doesn't anyone quote anything? Doesn't anyone read anything other than the film release version of the latest book come movie? Can anyone tell me what they like about the structure and writng style of their favourite author? The arrangements of their favourite musician? Do you even know what made you fall in love with your partner, your spouse? Or is it buried under an avalanche of lap cards from the columbia record club?

I'll admit my grasp of international politics may not be the firmest of grips, but I see and do a lot of shit. I have a singing class with a PA for a promotions company that can't use a word processor! I spent 20 minutes explaining the finer points of automatic weapons used by the australian armed forces to a member of the reserves! I can see what encouraged Simon Travalgia to write the Bastard Operator From Hell. The general lack of concern people have for anything but what is right in front of them is so disturbing it can keep you awake at night. There's only so many times I can solve a printer problem or tell somone how to log into a computer on campus. After the helpdesk has already told them.

Is it just me? Or is it Really true, the mind that wrote the words to Mrs. Potter's Lullaby just another genetic abnormality? Is it unusual to write and sing and dance and roleplay and paint and code and and design and invent and philosophise and box and sail and jog and sit down at one am after a full day and write prose? Why is it such a hard thing for us to have more than one interest? To compile our thoughts one atop the other? To sit still for five fucking minutes and contemplate the state of ourselves internally and the world around us?

I dunno. I need a good book, a stiff drink and a week away from all these tards.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well done.

At least that steaming lop of crap *I* wrote had ONE good result.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

SMFabal

Ah, Trollax, you remind me so musch of me at your age ... then I got old, fat and lazy. :sigh: I'm thinking if pawning off my tv set (again), and I have started writing seriously again; its hard, damn hard to go back to where I was - don't believe anyone who tells you you're wrong in this, and get rid of as many of them as you can! -Especially your parents; they're the ones who break you down the most.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Trollax

Quote from: SMFabalAh, Trollax, you remind me so musch of me at your age ... then I got old, fat and lazy. :sigh: I'm thinking if pawning off my tv set (again), and I have started writing seriously again; its hard, damn hard to go back to where I was - don't believe anyone who tells you you're wrong in this, and get rid of as many of them as you can! -Especially your parents; they're the ones who break you down the most.

I got here by not listening to anyone, I think I'll get somewhere else by encouraging people to do the same.  :twisted:

This world is a sick world, and I see a lot of the bad shit that happens to ordinary people. I've been considering taking Kira and moving to Tavenui in Fiji when I get my degree...

Malaul

jesus trollaX1!!!

has your avitar always done that? :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Trollax

Quote from: Malauljesus trollaX1!!!

Hell yes!  :D

Malaul

seriously?
like SERIOUSLY
I cant be that oblivious
can I?
Coito ergo sum
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Trollax

Quote from: Malaulseriously?
like SERIOUSLY
I cant be that oblivious
can I?

that's what caffeine does to you...

Malaul

I think your jerkin my chain
but Ill let it go

this time
Coito ergo sum

Trollax

Quote from: MalaulI think your jerkin my chain
but Ill let it go

this time

*continues to throb and pulse enigmatically*

Malaul

ok, now its not flashing anymnore

I think your jaking me
Coito ergo sum

Trollax

nope, must be your machine. I noticed that some browsers don't play the whole gif, they just stop at the brighhtest frame because of the way I made it. In order to keep it small any colour that is repeated in the same place becomes transparent to save on file size. As a result, things like netscape and mozilla (being more conservative) don't play the reversed frames because of the way the graphic is made...

Malaul

::shakes fist at mmozilla::

good thing I use windows EX professional

Its like  My First COmputer form FIsher preoce

but heyyy
it works better than mozilla
Coito ergo sum

gnimbley

Quote from: Malauljesus trollaX1!!!

You think that's strange, check out SMFabal sig. The picture knows who you are and keeps changing. A little monkey just told me "Let's find some girls, get 'em high, and break shit!" And the rainbow elephant is just weird. I think I'm going to lie down.

Malaul

I like th eone that says
DUDE!@!! you cant say pig fucker in front of jesus!!!
Coito ergo sum