News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2014, 04:23:15 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2014, 04:18:35 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 29, 2014, 04:11:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2014, 04:06:15 AM
Hey, anti-vaxxers: We now have 9 outbreaks of measles in the last 3 months. Well done. Well fucking done. What the HELL are you even doing in MY GODDAMN CENTURY? I feel bad for your kids, mind you, it's not THEIR fault that they're SICK AS HELL because their parents are DUMBASSES. Aren't you glad, in hindsight, that you thought taking medical advice from JENNY MCCARTHY was a GOOD IDEA? Plague-mongering bastards. I hate you all.

I HATE THOSE FUCKTARDS.

Dude, they deliberately avoided a low-risk treatment that would PREVENT THEIR KIDS from developing a LIFE THREATENING ILLNESS that they can PASS ON TO OTHERS.

douchebags supreme, and I feel so so sorry for their kids, who never signed on for this idiocy.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2014/03/27/Measles-outbreak-in-California-growing-21-cases-in-one-county/5151395940214/

QuoteFrom Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, 54 people in the United States reported having measles -- usually only about 60 cases in the United States are reported each year.

Reading it again, there's a really ambiguous statement in there.

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/measles/a/measles-outbreaks.htm  Most of the "outbreaks" are relatively small...Onesy-twoseys.  But the total number in the country spiked over the last two years.

What that statement is telling us is actually unambiguous and really important. It is saying that herd immunity is still effectively isolating those measles cases, preventing the disease from spreading from unvaccinated person to unvaccinated person.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

My fun plan for Saturday night:

1. Make powerpoint
2. Stay up until 7am, because I'm working tomorrow night.
3. ?????
4. Something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 29, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

1. Make powerpoint
3. ?????
4. Something.

PARTY TIIIIIME!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yesterday I had breakfast at the Otis Cafe, and then I peed on the Willamette Stone. I now own all of Oregon and Washington. Carry on, citizens. Carry on.

Cain

Maybe.  Probably not.

I have actually been suggested to take part in an insane series of challenges to prove my Mass Effect 3 skills, such as they are.  I keep telling them, I'm only good at ME3 because of clever use of game mechanics and a mostly maxed out manifest, but they wont listen.

I'm fairly sure I can do up to and including the N5 challenges without any major problem.  So long as I get the right objectives and stuff, N1 and N2 should be a breeze.  But N7 in particular is going to be tough.  Then again, that's kinda the point.

Cain

Gah, Netwar is so boring.  And somewhat embarrassing.  It's hard to believe I bought into this shit.  Well, maybe that's a bit unfair.  It's hard to believe I thought this was a qualitatively different form of conflict from past versions, though.  Never buy into a theory's own hype. 

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on March 29, 2014, 07:55:47 PM
Gah, Netwar is so boring.  And somewhat embarrassing.  It's hard to believe I bought into this shit.  Well, maybe that's a bit unfair.  It's hard to believe I thought this was a qualitatively different form of conflict from past versions, though.  Never buy into a theory's own hype.
Unless you can perform an N7 Platinum extraction, like myself :eek:

Cain

I keep getting 4 device hacks on wave 10.  Seriously.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  It's like the Random Number Generator has it in for me. 

I'll try it again some day.  My PPR is almost at level X.  I'm thinking TGI/PPR Incendiary Ammo IV solves almost all problems.

Suu

Quote from: Cain on March 29, 2014, 03:40:03 PM
Pegged or pegged?  I'm not judging....

He may enjoy the latter, considering how he's been keen on trying to stalk us both. *skeeved*
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on March 29, 2014, 08:26:58 PM
I keep getting 4 device hacks on wave 10.  Seriously.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  It's like the Random Number Generator has it in for me. 

I'll try it again some day.  My PPR is almost at level X.  I'm thinking TGI/PPR Incendiary Ammo IV solves almost all problems.
If I had actually made it that far (I had to stop) I think my personal hygiene levels would have qualified ersatz halitosis as Dragonbreath V.

Cain

Yeah, the time requirements a max manifest are pretty insane.  Fortunately, I did most of it while on call at work, so I was sitting around doing nothing anyway.  And getting paid for it, no less.

Second powerpoint done.  Bleh.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my night now.

minuspace

Doing Nothing is always the only real kind of work. :lulz:

Suu

My downstairs creepy neighbors are actually moving out this weekend.

This ruins EVERYTHING!  :cry:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on March 30, 2014, 12:32:31 AM
My downstairs creepy neighbors are actually moving out this weekend.

This ruins EVERYTHING!  :cry:
Stage a gregorian chant style rendition of South Pacific as the theme of operations to perform onward of Sunday afternoon, and I'd clear it :lulz:

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Cain on March 29, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

1. Make powerpoint
3. ?????
4. Something.

Ice Cream.