News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 04:56:04 PM
Nigel's Question. Why are you even still here talking about that to a bunch of people who didn't participate and don't matter with regards to your project as it panned out?

I said before, because I spoke up to correct some inaccuracies, that I would butt out unless people wanted to ask questions or if there was something too inaccurate to ignore. That's what I'm here for.

So, you're "stewarding your reputation", ala Ben Mack?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 22, 2013, 04:54:49 PM
Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 22, 2013, 04:54:04 PM
On a slightly different note, I would be interested to hear more about what made Dingo start to believe he was talking to multiple Uncle BadTouch sock puppets...

:?

He mentioned it somewhere in the last day or so... just curious.  Carry on.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

QuoteMy view is simply that I'm not interested in interviews that will require me to let anyone else make editorial decisions for me. And to be clear, that is me stating it matters to me that I make those choices not that I believe anyone else is trying to control my project.

If I'm reading this correctly, your stated end goal, the entire purpose of this project, is NOT to have the most complete picture of Discordia possible.

Rather, the entire purpose of this is to RETAIN CONTROL.

Because, as shown above, you can't have both.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 22, 2013, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 22, 2013, 04:37:49 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 04:07:35 PM
I decided to do interviews with those who would give them, and make choices on content in editing.

It puzzles me that you imply you haven't made your choice yet, when functionally you already have.  Even if the Uncle BadTouch section doesn't make it through the editing process, you lost a chunk of willing, even eager, content before you even got on your first airplane.

Well, then, he can say "SEE?  Uncle BadTouch ISN'T EVEN IN THE BOOK!  YOU SUCKERS RUINED THIS FOR NOTHING!"

Ahhhh

I totally see that angle. Wish I didn't. He transfers the responsibility for his poor handling onto those of us who declined to participate due to his poor handling. :roll: Given how he refuses to take responsibility for his mistakes up to this point, including weaseling that he he never said things he clearly said in writing, that seems very likely to be his angle.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

On a slightly different note, I would be interested to hear more about what made Dingo start to believe he was talking to multiple Uncle BadTouch sock puppets...

He's done that before, he's sock puppeted here and has a distinct writing style you can recognise a mile off.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 04:56:04 PM
Nigel's Question. Why are you even still here talking about that to a bunch of people who didn't participate and don't matter with regards to your project as it panned out?

I said before, because I spoke up to correct some inaccuracies, that I would butt out unless people wanted to ask questions or if there was something too inaccurate to ignore. That's what I'm here for.

So you're really just here to Be Right?

Gotcha.

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 22, 2013, 05:16:01 PM
I decided to do interviews with those who would give them, and make choices on content in editing.

It puzzles me that you imply you haven't made your choice yet, when functionally you already have.  Even if the Uncle BadTouch section doesn't make it through the editing process, you lost a chunk of willing, even eager, content before you even got on your first airplane.

Well, then, he can say "SEE?  Uncle BadTouch ISN'T EVEN IN THE BOOK!  YOU SUCKERS RUINED THIS FOR NOTHING!"

Ahhhh

I totally see that angle. Wish I didn't. He transfers the responsibility for his poor handling onto those of us who declined to participate due to his poor handling. :roll: Given how he refuses to take responsibility for his mistakes up to this point, including weaseling that he he never said things he clearly said in writing, that seems very likely to be his angle.

I tend to see the worst in people sometimes.  Unfortunately, I am often accurate in this.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 22, 2013, 04:52:21 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 04:51:03 PM

It puzzles me that you imply you haven't made your choice yet, when functionally you already have.  Even if the Uncle BadTouch section doesn't make it through the editing process, you lost a chunk of willing, even eager, content before you even got on your first airplane.

Well, then, he can say "SEE?  Uncle BadTouch ISN'T EVEN IN THE BOOK!  YOU SUCKERS RUINED THIS FOR NOTHING!"

There are basically two solution sets here:

Placid Dingo got a bunch of kickstarters to pay for a vacation, OR
Placid Dingo publishes a paean to a pedo.

Well done.

The Kickstarter overwhelmingly did not pay for this project.

If anyone is upset enough that they feel they need a refund I will provide one

Okay, then it's the second one.  Though you did mention that at least 25% of the funding came from that sort of thing.

While I have a vibe I'll be told 'I saw it on Facebook somewhere' that number is completely inaccurate and I have no recollection of saying anything like that.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteWhile I have a vibe I'll be told 'I saw it on Facebook somewhere' that number is completely inaccurate and I have no recollection of saying anything like that.

Jackass.

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 31, 2012, 11:44:53 PM
Oh thank you!

You in fact have the honor of tipping me over the 1/4 mark!

Placid Dingo

I mentioned some of the early Discordians to Adam Gorighlty that didn't turn out to exist. That was pretty much the giveaway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

I mentioned some of the early Discordians to Adam Gorighlty that didn't turn out to exist. That was pretty much the giveaway.

Adam Gorightly is a Uncle BadTouch sock?

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 22, 2013, 05:48:49 PM
QuoteWhile I have a vibe I'll be told 'I saw it on Facebook somewhere' that number is completely inaccurate and I have no recollection of saying anything like that.

Jackass.

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 31, 2012, 11:44:53 PM
Oh thank you!

You in fact have the honor of tipping me over the 1/4 mark!

That donation would have made my Kickstarter reach $250. That was 1/4 of my Kickstarter of $1000. 1000$ is nowhere near a quarter funds spent.

LMNO

Great. So a deceitful, self-aggrandizing, plagarising jackass is more important than BIP, Common Walls, The Machine, and the Chao te Ching.

How exactly should we be feeling about that, do you think?

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 22, 2013, 05:55:41 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

Adam Gorightly is a Uncle BadTouch sock?

No. He's probably the best informed person anywhere on early Discordianism. So if these people were real, he's have heard of them.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 22, 2013, 05:56:51 PM
Great. So a deceitful, self-aggrandizing, plagarising jackass is more important than BIP, Common Walls, The Machine, and the Chao te Ching.

How exactly should we be feeling about that, do you think?

He doesn't give a fuck.  He's just here to "steward his reputation".  And doing about as well as the last asshole that felt the need to do that.