News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Sons, Daughters, and Neuter Offspring of Knights of the Five-Sided Castle

Started by evangelikevin, August 25, 2008, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evangelikevin

Unfortunately, my father is a certified, card-carrying (metaphorically, anyways) member of the Knights of the Five-Sided Castle. He works for the United States government. I'm looking for others like me to help each other overcome this horrific upbringing so that we can become truly Chaos Incarnate. For further explanation, consult your pineal gland...
Saturday night it's the place to be,
Everybody cut footloose with me,
At the party at the leper colony!
-Weird Al Yankovic

hooplala

My father enjoys the music of Leon Redbone. 

Horrific upbringing is rather subjective.  Do what I do: drink a lot, learn to ignore, but nod now and then... to be polite.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

evangelikevin

I'm not old enough to drink. Will retreating into my own mental world work?
Saturday night it's the place to be,
Everybody cut footloose with me,
At the party at the leper colony!
-Weird Al Yankovic

yarn

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

fomenter

Quote from: evangelikevin on August 25, 2008, 08:59:26 PM
Unfortunately, my father is a certified, card-carrying (metaphorically, anyways) member of the Knights of the Five-Sided Castle. He works for the United States government. I'm looking for others like me to help each other overcome this horrific upbringing so that we can become truly Chaos Incarnate. For further explanation, consult your pineal gland...

embrace your upbringing and infiltrate, become a mole for chaos....
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

hooplala

Quote from: evangelikevin on August 25, 2008, 09:05:33 PM
I'm not old enough to drink. Will retreating into my own mental world work?

In a pinch, sure.  But do yourself a favour and go buy yourself a flask... you deserve it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

How intriguing.  My father works for the government, too.

Course, I bet what he does is infinitely more interesting just because of circumstance.  Currently, he's a cook for the cons who fight fires in California's breadbasket.

I'm totally embracing this aspect of his career history.  It's building our characters and making us stronger.

Of course, it also helps me do what Hoopla describes above:  drink moar...etc.

East Coast Hustle

your father works for the Pentagon?

and you are trying to forget this rather than exploit it?

ECH,
not sure what you're complaining about
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

:mullet:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

My father blows up bridges, floods towns and has secretly expanded the power of the Environment Agency to the degree that they can walk onto 1/3 of the private land in the country without a warrant or the owners permission.

LMNO

Cain

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2008, 12:54:58 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 26, 2008, 12:42:51 PM
My father works in the White House.

But can he blow up bridges?

No, so there.

No, he tries to blow up the universe looking for the Higgs boson.