News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Okay, So You Found Us, and We're Not What You Expected.

Started by Doktor Howl, October 10, 2010, 01:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

No, it's because AKK is too busy working on his "music career". 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BadBeast

Quote from: Punmeister Meisterpunner on October 21, 2010, 04:40:49 PM
No, it's because AKK is too busy working on his "music career". 
Yeah, I think I heard some of that erm, 'music'. He's going to have to work a bit harder than that, methinks.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Adios

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Troll Monster on October 21, 2010, 09:35:18 AM

7. The Dancing Pickle must publicly admit that the "pickle" in his profile picture is actually a "cactuar."

9. One of the lady members must give me a rimjob WHILE I eat potato chips.

It's "cactum". And I would be happy to give you a "rimjob"... if you know what I mean.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 21, 2010, 06:53:00 PM
Yes, he is very musicuntal.
Yes. In fact, I think he actually created the musical genre of Cuntalism. A genre of one, naturally, in which he totally re-defines the whole listening experience, breaking down the restrictive constructs of form, and harmony, and recreating the paradigm, into what at first sounds like a cacophony of formless, braying, organic agony. However, the unmistakable AKK egocentricism soon shines through, and bathes the listener in what we now know as the aural rapture of Cuntalism.

I for one, would gladly walk a mile over broken glass in my bare feet, to avoid hearing it again. 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 21, 2010, 06:57:09 PM

7. The Dancing Pickle must publicly admit that the "pickle" in his profile picture is actually a "cactuar."

It's "cactum". And I would be happy to give you a "rimjob"... if you know what I mean.

latin?

nice.  very nice.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Daego

EVERYTING YOU KOW IS A LIE BUT EVERYTHING WE KNOW IS TRUTH BECAUSE WE ARE SELF IMPORTANT
Not Impressed, FuX uR peE

The Johnny

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 21, 2010, 08:35:59 PM

latin?

nice.  very nice.

Actually "Cactuar" is the accurate term in Finalfantasish.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on October 25, 2010, 12:04:12 AM
Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 21, 2010, 08:35:59 PM

latin?

nice.  very nice.

Actually "Cactuar" is the accurate term in Finalfantasish.

I'd buy that for 300,000 gil!!

BIG MAC

principiadiscordia.com, where mods fight over trivial shit in order to retain power and stature that doesn't exist.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BIG MAC on October 26, 2010, 09:04:33 AM
principiadiscordia.com, where mods fight over trivial shit in order to retain power and stature that doesn't exist.

Classic example of what I was talking about in the OP.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Here's what I want to add:

This forum is the primary gathering point for an extended tribe of Discordians.

There's no getting around that word "tribe".

Like any tribe, it has its own in-jokes, history, customs, politics... there is a particular take on Discordia which is being brewed here one soul at a time. It's been fermenting for a while now and it keeps getting stronger.

A lot of Discordian literature eschews the tribal circuitry with which we're all wired. It suggests that we should be skeptical of any group of monkeys. And this is a good lesson. BUT that doesn't mean all tribes are bad, or that we should somehow turn off that part of our brains.

Speaking for myself here, I find this community incredibly useful for collaboration and getting feedback about certain things. I've met some great friends through this board, people whose friendships I really treasure. And I don't just mean people I only know on the internet - I've met a lot of you cats in the flesh. It's fucking incredible how many adventures this forum has catapulted me into ever since I took the plunge into the thick of it.

Every so often somebody comes in with assumptions about what the Discordian society should be like. They've read the PD, they've read Illuminatus, and they use that description of Discordia to measure our worth. I could easily dig up 10 threads in which somebody thinks this entire community has a disease or something because the PD says that "discordians should stick apart!" or because the stuff we create doesn't resonate with their personal interpretation of the Principia Discordia.

here's some now:

QuoteThe whole pecking order just pisses me off. It is one big fucking contradiction here. Anybody that tries to challenge the system will eventually get put back into place by the "prominent" members and everything will carry on like "normal."

QuoteWell, Ill tell you.  When I found this forum, I was so fucking excited.  I never knew there were so many people familiar with certain books i had read, and certain ideas I have found myself strongly drawn to in my life.  Then I get here, and I find the BIGGEST fucking high school clique type enviornment I have ever seen.   It is fucking ridonkulous.  The amount of time you all spend feeding in to each others bullshit and supporting the facade that is your reality is fucking astounding.  Come to think of it, it kind of makes sense why you are all so vile and bitter, because if anyone comes in from the outside with a little bit different of an outlook than you, you feel like it negates your whole fucking premise, your whole being.

QuoteEvery fucking thing created by every hack on here is a derivative piece of shit.  The music all sounds like something else, the writings all regurgitate other ideas, or just are filled with ad hominim attacks.

We do not claim to be the only take on Discordia. We are in no way authorities.

We do not claim to be enlightened human beings who sit atop a mountain of wisdom like the peaceful buddha.

We are humans. We try to be more, but at the end of the day we are shitty flawed humans who cannot help but bicker and poke each other in the eye ball now and then.

Identification with a Goddess of Strife does not change this. The Gospel of Robert Anton Wilson does not change this. We are just as deluded as every other monkey on the planet and no belief system or meta-belief system is going to change that.

All we can do is take stuff that resonates with us and chew on it and remix it and sometimes we can find pearls in the dross.. We create things for each other, we write stuff that we hope will help out our friends. We are trying to "Find The Others".

I for one am GLAD that there is no Discordian Norm to live up to, no holy ideal we need to be judged by, except for the words THINK FOR YOURSELF, SHMUCK.

Fuck, maybe we ARE doing it wrong (whatever that means). But does that mean we should stop? what if what we're doing is really fun for us? What if we create stuff that we like? What's wrong with that?

Don't get me wrong - I don't want to arrive at some Discordian monoculture. I like when people come here with wild ideas or startlingly different interpretations of Eris than I have. I don't care if you're an anarchist or are into the occult or any of the other things that aren't terribly popular in this community. But please understand that we treat few things as sacred here, people might press up against your beliefs and poke them and make you defend them. Sometimes this feels aggressive and territorial, I give it that.

But at the end of the day we are just light on a screen; we're only as real as you make us. If this place gives you fits, change gears. Hell, start your own Discordian community - we need more! Speaking for myself, I prefer it when people are brave enough to get on their very own soap box -- rather than sitting in judgment of others who have dared to speak their minds.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on October 29, 2010, 03:46:02 PM
We do not claim to be enlightened human beings who sit atop a mountain of wisdom like the peaceful buddha.

Damn fucking straight. The purpose of enlightenment is to bring it back to the 'real world' and use it to mess with people (including yourself), and I'll cut any fucking monkey who says different.

- Telarus, KSC, A Zenarchist Swordsman

(also, :mittens:)
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!