News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Wikileaks releases draft Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement

Started by Cain, November 14, 2013, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Read it here:

QuoteToday, 13 November 2013, WikiLeaks released the secret negotiated draft text for the entire TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) Intellectual Property Rights Chapter. The TPP is the largest-ever economic treaty, encompassing nations representing more than 40 per cent of the world's GDP. The WikiLeaks release of the text comes ahead of the decisive TPP Chief Negotiators summit in Salt Lake City, Utah, on 19-24 November 2013. The chapter published by WikiLeaks is perhaps the most controversial chapter of the TPP due to its wide-ranging effects on medicines, publishers, internet services, civil liberties and biological patents. Significantly, the released text includes the negotiation positions and disagreements between all 12 prospective member states.

The TPP is the forerunner to the equally secret US-EU pact TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership), for which President Obama initiated US-EU negotiations in January 2013. Together, the TPP and TTIP will cover more than 60 per cent of global GDP.

So it's kinda important.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on November 14, 2013, 09:52:54 AM
Read it here:

QuoteToday, 13 November 2013, WikiLeaks released the secret negotiated draft text for the entire TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) Intellectual Property Rights Chapter. The TPP is the largest-ever economic treaty, encompassing nations representing more than 40 per cent of the world's GDP. The WikiLeaks release of the text comes ahead of the decisive TPP Chief Negotiators summit in Salt Lake City, Utah, on 19-24 November 2013. The chapter published by WikiLeaks is perhaps the most controversial chapter of the TPP due to its wide-ranging effects on medicines, publishers, internet services, civil liberties and biological patents. Significantly, the released text includes the negotiation positions and disagreements between all 12 prospective member states.

The TPP is the forerunner to the equally secret US-EU pact TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership), for which President Obama initiated US-EU negotiations in January 2013. Together, the TPP and TTIP will cover more than 60 per cent of global GDP.

So it's kinda important.

Weren't we supposed to have done away with secret treaties with the Treaty of Versailles?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Sure.  Along with aggressive warfare.

Besides, I think that was secret treaties from the POV of other nations.  Their citizenry (as always), doesn't count.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on November 14, 2013, 11:33:03 AM
Sure.  Along with aggressive warfare.

Besides, I think that was secret treaties from the POV of other nations.  Their citizenry (as always), doesn't count.

Ah. Interesting, either way.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Reginald Ret

QuoteArticle QQ.A.12: {International Exhaustion of Rights}

[CL/MY/NZ/VN/SG/BN/PE propose; US/AU/JP/MX oppose: The Parties are encouraged to establish international exhaustion of rights.]

Interesting.
Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaustion_doctrineUnlike the analogous first-sale doctrine in copyright, the patent exhaustion doctrine has not been codified, and is thus still a common law doctrine. It was first recognized by the Supreme Court in 1873 in Adams v. Burke. In that case, the patentee authorized a licensee to make, use, and sell patented coffin lids only within a ten-mile radius in Boston. A customer of the licensee bought the coffin lids within the ten-mile radius, but later resold the lids outside of the ten-mile radius. The patentee sued the customer, but the Supreme Court found no infringement: Once the coffin lids were lawfully made and sold, "there is no restriction on their use to be implied for the benefit of the patentee or his assignees or licensees." Because the sale was authorized (bought within the ten-mile radius), the defendant acquired the right to use the coffin lids free from any claim of the patentee, even though he used it outside the ten-mile radius.

Can this be used for plausible deniability with software products?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

The idea that anyone could claim with a straight face that Intellectual Property laws aren't too strict already makes me sick.

Please join with me in praying that every single person involved with this trade agreement dies slowly and painfully of cancer.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 16, 2013, 04:31:29 AM
The idea that anyone could claim with a straight face that Intellectual Property laws aren't too strict already makes me sick.

Please join with me in praying that every single person involved with this trade agreement dies slowly and painfully of cancer.

Fuck you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

hirley0

My thoughts {in the Pacific) turn to the deployment of

:fnord: USS George Washington and a contingent of seven supply ships

USNS Charles Drew / Thursday. 11/14
hospital ship USS Mercy / within weeks
&  British carrier HMS Illustrious.

OK to Little to Late?1
2: where are the other members of the security council France Russia & China
3? should not the numbers per each be more like 77 than Seven ?

boo, boo, BOO, BOO, BOO. & AS FOR THE 10 TEMPS |Boo4U2 7ea seams 0K
Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Guatemala, Luxembourg, Morocco,
Pakistan, Rwanda, South Korea, and Togo.

total 10*7 + 5*77 = 455 Not 7 | get a new speaker::

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,35789.msg1311859.html#msg1311859

hirley0

Look? it seams very VERY clear
some changes need to be made.
for one thing some effort to squelch 'canes
when they start seams approiate
including dumping oil on the ocean surface
ahead of the track. droping Ice ????/
sturing up deep cold water with Nukes
computer sims:
{boO who}

hirley0

yes of course it seams to me as IF the members R
more interested in insecurity than security
SO: they can sell insurance. { not worth 1 b
{Maybe change their title | to the Insurance Sellers Group? (IS G)

LMNO

Slow and painful cancer?

Whoops! Trigger warning.

You fucker.

Telarus

Thanks for posting this Cain. I had heard about it very briefly, but didn't have any good sources.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago