Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Day of Discord: Providence/Boston

Started by Suu, May 27, 2010, 02:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad on June 16, 2010, 03:59:07 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 15, 2010, 08:16:23 PM
Incidentally, Dimo looks and acts like the smartass New Yorker from Band of Brothers (the one that winds up accidentally shooting himself with a Luger, although I did not witness him doing that.).

Richter, Suu, Cram, and LMNO are exactly what I've expected.  What you see here is what you get.  That's a good thing.  Except when Suu punched me in the balls at the bar.  That kind of sucked a bit.

EoC seemed very nice and calm at first, until he filled himself up with bad Belgian beer and started beating up hipsters.  Then he was amazing.

Cainad spent all his time menacing the locals and making strong men cry, so I didn't really get to know him.

Pope Tom and Nephew Twiddington were quiet, but seemed very nice.

Darth Cupcake ripped me off.  I paid her good money to kick me in the junk and she refused, citing lack of proper PPE.

Eve was also very quiet, but very nice.

Kai was a madman, but I'm not sure what he did, exactly, because he wasn't there.

Who did I miss?

You can't deny that they deserved it.

I immediately regretted not taking your advice and bringing the professor and myself down to Providence the next day, when I promptly crashed my car while on my way driving in the other direction. I shall have to allot more time for hanging out next time.

Cainad,
has learned to listen to the doctor's orders

For real?  Are you okay?
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2010, 04:08:46 AM
Quote from: Cainad on June 16, 2010, 03:59:07 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 15, 2010, 08:16:23 PM
Incidentally, Dimo looks and acts like the smartass New Yorker from Band of Brothers (the one that winds up accidentally shooting himself with a Luger, although I did not witness him doing that.).

Richter, Suu, Cram, and LMNO are exactly what I've expected.  What you see here is what you get.  That's a good thing.  Except when Suu punched me in the balls at the bar.  That kind of sucked a bit.

EoC seemed very nice and calm at first, until he filled himself up with bad Belgian beer and started beating up hipsters.  Then he was amazing.

Cainad spent all his time menacing the locals and making strong men cry, so I didn't really get to know him.

Pope Tom and Nephew Twiddington were quiet, but seemed very nice.

Darth Cupcake ripped me off.  I paid her good money to kick me in the junk and she refused, citing lack of proper PPE.

Eve was also very quiet, but very nice.

Kai was a madman, but I'm not sure what he did, exactly, because he wasn't there.

Who did I miss?

You can't deny that they deserved it.

I immediately regretted not taking your advice and bringing the professor and myself down to Providence the next day, when I promptly crashed my car while on my way driving in the other direction. I shall have to allot more time for hanging out next time.

Cainad,
has learned to listen to the doctor's orders

For real?  Are you okay?

Whoa... what the Dok said.
Obviously if you're posting, you're ok-ish, but are you ok?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cainad (dec.)

For realz.

My trusty, wonderful little Toyota Camry kissed the ass of a very sturdy pickup truck and is now 8 inches shorter in the front. Radiator and A/C are definitely fucked, hood's crumpled, and plastic bumper cover is all torn up, but it seems to be fixable. I got off with a warning for following too closely and was able to complete my journey to NJ (where I got to see Ian Anderson from about 15 feet away).

No damage to myself or the other driver, but I was just starting to settle into a life where I relied on my car on a daily basis.

Suu

I blame the use of a GPS in New Jersey.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 15, 2010, 07:38:23 PM
Quote from: Suu on June 15, 2010, 07:36:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 15, 2010, 07:35:40 PM
Quote from: Suu on June 15, 2010, 07:34:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 15, 2010, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: Suu on June 15, 2010, 07:30:35 PM
I am so insulted.

I mean, 3 days ago you were all about calling Dimo and I dago, and now I'm ENGLISH?!?!

What's next? Lithuanian?!

No, You are an exception.  Your Dago/Greek enzymes protect you, even if you work in a den of Englishness.

Yes. But we serve more beer than anywhere else in Rhode Island. This is good for SOMETHING.

It's ridiculous, actually.  187 beers?  WTF for?  Most of it seems to be either American or English, having glanced at the menu, which means somewhere there are cows working overtime.

Actually about 30 of them are Belgian and 20 of them are German. Then we have those 3 or 4 Scottish ones that no one wants.

Scotland produces beer other than Belhaven?

Old Speckled Hen is pretty good, for an ale.

I said for an ale.

Also, it might not be Scottish, I just only had it in Edinburgh.

It kind of tastes like what you'd get if you'd make flat lukewarm beer out of whiskey.

I dunno, what's the deal with ale.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 16, 2010, 06:51:42 PM
I am so insulted.

I mean, 3 days ago you were all about calling Dimo and I dago, and now I'm ENGLISH?!?!

No, You are an exception.  Your Dago/Greek enzymes protect you, even if you work in a den of Englishness.

Yes. But we serve more beer than anywhere else in Rhode Island. This is good for SOMETHING.

It's ridiculous, actually.  187 beers?  WTF for?  Most of it seems to be either American or English, having glanced at the menu, which means somewhere there are cows working overtime.

Actually about 30 of them are Belgian and 20 of them are German. Then we have those 3 or 4 Scottish ones that no one wants.

I said for an ale.

It kind of tastes like what you'd get if you'd make flat lukewarm beer out of whiskey.

I think Old Speckled Hen is English.
Ale's good. That's the deal. I like hops in my beer.

Jenne

So glad this went off so well, despite Cainad's mishap in his car the next day (glad you're alright, dude!).  Am also jealous of y'all on the East since it seems that us West Coast spags can't seem to congregate all that well...

Suu

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 16, 2010, 07:02:15 PM
I am so insulted.

I said for an ale.

Old Speckled Hen is without a doubt the best English draught ale in existence. Prove me wrong.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on June 16, 2010, 09:06:07 PM
I am so insulted.

I said for an ale.

Old Speckled Hen is without a doubt the best English draught ale in existence. Prove me wrong.

I will have to scientifically evaluate your assertion by visiting the British Beer Company and meticulously sampling each beer they have. Repeated samples of each beer will be necessary to verify the quality of each as well as remove skewed data resulting from increasing levels of inebriation.

I will then be able to prove you wrong, or prove you right.

I will also need other people to verify my findings.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Suu on June 16, 2010, 06:20:25 PM
I blame the use of a GPS in New Jersey.

Probably right, although I hadn't even gotten halfway out of Connecticut at that point. :x

I am now two-for-two on nearly getting myself killed while en route from CT to NJ. Third time will probably be the charm, so from now on I will only approach NJ by public transit. Fuck that noise.

Doktor Howl

Incidentally, lost 2 pounds over that vacation.

Suck it.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2010, 11:11:08 PM
Incidentally, lost 2 pounds over that vacation.

Suck it.   :lulz:

Boston is pretty walkable, as is Providence.

Suu

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 16, 2010, 10:29:41 PM
I am so insulted.

I said for an ale.

I will have to scientifically evaluate your assertion by visiting the British Beer Company and meticulously sampling each beer they have. Repeated samples of each beer will be necessary to verify the quality of each as well as remove skewed data resulting from increasing levels of inebriation.

We are superior to the BBC. In fact, we stole half of their employees.  :mrgreen:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on June 17, 2010, 12:59:14 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 16, 2010, 10:29:41 PM
I am so insulted.

I said for an ale.

We are superior to the BBC. In fact, we stole half of their employees.  :mrgreen:

I will have to come visit your establishment then