News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Missions, Goals, Objectives

Started by Cramulus, March 19, 2009, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on March 31, 2009, 02:36:48 PM
what about distribution? -- we can easily distribute it to the forum, but what about after that? How do we connect this idea with us being egotistical blowhards who like to see our thoughts in print?

If we can find a solution to this, most of the other problems will seem minor.

AFK

I've mentioned this before, but back in the days when BIP was a separate board, I had changed the name to The Discordian Network.  (right before it went kerplooey).  My idea at the time was to develop a network with other gangs of Discordians on internetland, and perhaps even IRL.  I think something like this would be helpful for distribution.  I really think it would be useful if we developed some kind of database of e-mail addresses of people who either would be willing to distribute the Intermittens (and other projects) to their social circle, or people who just want to read it for themselves.  Either way we'll be casting the net wider than we currently are. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Verbal Mike

I've stopped following the 23ae newsfeed, but don't we have people/friends who can post there and on POEE (posting on EB&G goes without saying)? Arent's these the ideal ways to get to other Discordian-affiliated netizens?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

Quote from: VERB` on March 31, 2009, 03:02:32 PM
I've stopped following the 23ae newsfeed, but don't we have people/friends who can post there and on POEE (posting on EB&G goes without saying)? Arent's these the ideal ways to get to other Discordian-affiliated netizens?

something like this?

http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Discordian_Websites_and_Communities

list needs updating

AFK

I tend to think of those places, POEE and EB&G in particular, as extended family.  And so it definitely does help some in casting a wider net, but we can probably do better.  We can hit up folks on MySpace, Facebook, anywhere we think me might find some on-line Discordians who aren't hanging out here.  

It would also be nice to have some kind of mechanism on the main page to capture e-mail addresses for people who want to "subscribe" to the magazine (e.g. have it e-mailed to them when it is finished) or to volunteer to help spread it throughout internet land.  

Yeah, what Cram just posted. 

AFK

Another coup, I think, would be to somehow locate some spags who work in coffeeshops and similar places and who would be able to have a couple of publications lying around for their denizens to puruse while enjoying their joe.  Or do we already have that sort of thing going on already? 

Cramulus

oh good call! the real memetic trick is not to figure out how to get the magazine into the reader's hands. It's how to get the magazine into a distributer's hands. "Promiscuous Sneezers", as it were.

Meatspace

• coffee shops
  • head shops
  • zine writers

Cyberspace

• bloggers

Cain

We should really see if we can contact people in the current internet counterculture - groups like the former Technoccult site (now Renegade Futurist), Alterati (good for creative projects), the PDX Occulture lot...and work from there.  The first two in particular churn out links and promotions like nobodies business, and with the added bonus of attracting our sort of crowd.

Telarus

And an added bonus of me knowing most of the people involved in PDXO (which includes Technooccult/Renegade Futurist) personally ^__^.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

This thread is interesting, but it brings to mind LMNO's Dictum:

QuoteThe imposition of order creates a corresponding and greater amount of disorder.

I'm interested, mostly to watch people herd cats.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2009, 03:32:33 PM
We should really see if we can contact people in the current internet counterculture - groups like the former Technoccult site (now Renegade Futurist), Alterati (good for creative projects), the PDX Occulture lot...and work from there.  The first two in particular churn out links and promotions like nobodies business, and with the added bonus of attracting our sort of crowd.
Disinfo.com would be a good target too.  If there are enough of us there we could vote the story up and get it on the main page.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2009, 05:14:21 AM

QuoteThe imposition of order creates a corresponding and greater amount of disorder.

That's my dictum?  Did I mutter that during "the Incident" or something?  All I can remember of that night is the smell of sulphur, and something moving in the mouth of the tunnel.

Telarus

Can we start setting up a wiki page for these memetic infection vectors?

We can break it down into sections and have easy links to register for sites like stumbleupon, boingboing, LJ, etc, etc.

If we can make it very easy for the PD members that are less interested in trying to organize this thing to get all set up with accounts everywhere we need them, then we can have our mob pre-register over a few weeks time. Then once we have something ready to infect the web with we would have a large group of agents that can just jump in and start posting/commenting/bumpng our stuff all over without having to go through the hassle of signing up for each site right before they do so.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on April 01, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2009, 05:14:21 AM

That's my dictum?  Did I mutter that during "the Incident" or something?  All I can remember of that night is the smell of sulphur, and something moving in the mouth of the tunnel.

And the blood...THE BLOOD...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO