News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Meanwhile, in the South

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, June 10, 2012, 07:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/louisiana-makes-bold-bid-_n_1563900.html
Louisiana is embarking on the nation's boldest experiment in privatizing public education, with the state preparing to shift tens of millions in tax dollars out of the public schools to pay private industry, businesses owners and church pastors to educate children.

The school willing to accept the most voucher students -- 314 -- is New Living Word in Ruston, which has a top-ranked basketball team but no library. Students spend most of the day watching TVs in bare-bones classrooms. Each lesson consists of an instructional DVD that intersperses Biblical verses with subjects such chemistry or composition.

The Upperroom Bible Church Academy in New Orleans, a bunker-like building with no windows or playground, also has plenty of slots open. It seeks to bring in 214 voucher students, worth up to $1.8 million in state funding.

At Eternity Christian Academy in Westlake, pastor-turned-principal Marie Carrier hopes to secure extra space to enroll 135 voucher students, though she now has room for just a few dozen. Her first- through eighth-grade students sit in cubicles for much of the day and move at their own pace through Christian workbooks, such as a beginning science text that explains "what God made" on each of the six days of creation. They are not exposed to the theory of evolution.

"We try to stay away from all those things that might confuse our children," Carrier said.

Other schools approved for state-funded vouchers use social studies texts warning that liberals threaten global prosperity; Bible-based math books that don't cover modern concepts such as set theory; and biology texts built around refuting evolution

BUT WAIT!

http://www.wbrz.com/news/lawmakers-concerned-about-vouchers-funding-muslim-school/

QuoteThe Louisiana Legislature passed a funding plan for public schools on the last day of session, but not before debate which included a discussion about what types of schools could benefit from Governor Bobby Jindal's voucher plan.

The plan makes vouchers or scholarships available to some students in low performing schools. The vouchers can be used to pay for tuition to some private schools.

Representative John Bel Edwards says the Islamic School of Greater New Orleans applied for inclusion in the voucher program. He says if the school is included, taxpayer money would be used to support Muslim teachings.

AAAANNNNNNNDDDDD.....

http://www.wbrz.com/news/islamic-school-no-longer-on-la-voucher-list/

QuoteA fight over funding for the state's new voucher program caused a heated debate over an Islamic school.

The Louisiana House approved a funding plan for public schools on the last day of session. Before the approval, state Representative John Bel Edwards, D-Amite, spoke about the Islamic School of Greater New Orleans. The school was on the list of voucher applicants, but is no longer on the list.

:lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Don Coyote

Clearly the words the Prophet are not as worthy as the thoughts of the crusty old white men reinterpreting what some old Jewish men thought.

Also, I am sure as fuck not moving to LA now.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I really miss non-sanctimonious crooked Louisiana pols like Kingfish and Uncle Earl. These people they have nowadays have a stick up their ass.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Johnny

Well, they say "children are the future", so this is clearly the future that "we" want.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

A future generation of religious nut jobs, that watch a lot of TV, don't know how to read, are accustomed to spending their waking hours crammed in cubicle-like spaces, that either don't know what evolution is or think its just a refuted theory, that God made the world in 6 days, and of course, that they are not MOOSLIMS.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

tyrannosaurus vex

news like this really helps me get over my fear of mortality.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on June 10, 2012, 07:38:09 AM

Well, they say "children are the future", so this is clearly the future that "we" want.

Just you wait. Voucher schooling is the fucking future. Classrooms with no books, or Biblical Math Books.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Some of them will rebel.

And become PAGANS.  :horrormirth:

The Johnny

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 10, 2012, 09:33:46 AM
Some of them will rebel.

And become PAGANS.  :horrormirth:

Or rabid Dawkins style atheists.

-B.F. Skinner

Anna Mae Bollocks

Or Crowley types. This could get hilarious at some point.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is definitely going to get funny as shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, it's at least the future you're gonna get.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2012, 04:11:12 PM

Well, it's at least the future you're gonna get.   :lulz:

More

Nephew Twiddleton

This is quite disturbing and quite funny.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS