News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pope Pixie Pickle

no, because you live in the US and they don't let you eat organs.

actual haggis is illegal in the US.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on July 18, 2014, 12:07:02 AM
no, because you live in the US and they don't let you eat organs.

actual haggis is illegal in the US.

Nope.  You can have all the haggis you want.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

von

>no, because you live in the US and they don't let you eat organs
We can eat organs...
oh god can we...ever heard of chitterlings/chitlins? Straight up pig's intestines, sometimes sold unwashed. Makes your house smell like shit when you cook it too. And we sell turkey's with their heart and several other organs intact, as well as rocky mountain "oysters" (bull testicles), so organ meat is fine to an extent...

IIRC, the problem with haggis is that we can't import products containing sheep's lung because of BSE fears (I don't think we can't import British meat products at all because of this). I'm pretty sure we can make it domestically, but I'm unsure of this, and I doubt there are many domestic producers to begin with.

Nephew Twiddleton

We can eat offal, I think von might be correct.

However, it is worth noting that we can import Irish breakfast meats. It might be specifically UK. There is a restaurant in Jamaica Plain that serves haggis.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

von

I like how a thread about racism, board drama and all sorts of other et ceteron has become a thread about import restrictions on meat products and whether americans can eat offal or not.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: von on July 18, 2014, 01:04:00 AM
I like how a thread about racism, board drama and all sorts of other et ceteron has become a thread about import restrictions on meat products and whether americans can eat offal or not.

We've been known to turn perfectly good spam threads into meaningful discussions.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

von

>We've been known to turn perfectly good spam threads into meaningful discussions.

I don't even think it's a matter of that. Over the years lurking here, I've seen threads about a given topic morph into 10 other things. Can't cite anything specific at all, but I can recall many a times seeing a discussion of [X super serious politico-philosophic topic] turn into a discussion about [broken dildos, cat penises, the price of coal in china, etc].

Is fun...

Suu

I've helped make/had American-made haggis, and we totally used the lungs. You have to leave the windpipe out of the pot when you boil everything together. No, it wasn't fun, I wanted to fucking vomit. And it wasn't good, but I don't like organ meat to begin with. We also went to a good Hispanic butcher store in Rhode Island (Armando's btw, for you New England spags. MEAT. ALL THE MEAT. GO.) that knew exactly what we needed, and special ordered it all for us without writing it down. Totally bizarre.  :?

Great, now I want Armando's hot empanadas.  :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

trix

Quote from: von on July 18, 2014, 01:10:47 AM
>We've been known to turn perfectly good spam threads into meaningful discussions.

I don't even think it's a matter of that. Over the years lurking here, I've seen threads about a given topic morph into 10 other things. Can't cite anything specific at all, but I can recall many a times seeing a discussion of [X super serious politico-philosophic topic] turn into a discussion about [broken dildos, cat penises, the price of coal in china, etc].

Is fun...

That part happens on every forum I've been a part of.  What is unique here IMO is the part Roger mentioned, the PD habit of redeeming a terrible thread simply via correct application of wit.

Personally I love that aspect, given my unfortunate tendency to knee-jerk and tantrum over every thread I create that does not get the response I was hoping for.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

von

This thread is now making me wonder what lung tissue's texture is like. I picturing something like a cross between clams and mushrooms.
I wonder how lung would go as a replacement for pork in gyoza? Hmmm....