News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on December 29, 2014, 05:31:24 PM
Feels like it's been forever since I've been at work, or on here. Holidays went well. Christmas Eve w/ my boyfriend's family, and he also got a few days off after the holiday since it was slow, so we got to spend a few days together, which rarely happens.

Christmas I went to my family's house from which we went to the hospital to visit my Dad. He was (and still is) doing the best he has in the last two weeks in that he was completely lucid (they took him off the heavy narcotics) and generally feeling ok - they have him on extra strong ibuprofen and Tylenol and that seems to be keeping most of the neck pain in check. Still sucks that he has to be in the hospital, but they're tentatively talking about rehab and have had him sitting in a chair and/or walking short distances here and there. Still not sure when that would theoretically happen and there's still a long road ahead, but hoping things are moving in a positive direction.
That's great news!

Demolition Squid

My dad has spent days grousing about the rumour that Idris Alba might be the new James Bond.

I've gone from ambivalent on the matter to really hoping he does get it so that my dad's head will literally explode like something out of Scanners.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Cain

My only concern about him being the next James Bond is that it will take his skills and talents away from actual good tv to help prop up a flagging and tired franchise with no originality and little else in its favour.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2014, 07:23:42 PM
My only concern about him being the next James Bond is that it will take his skills and talents away from actual good tv to help prop up a flagging and tired franchise with no originality and little else in its favour.

It might be worth it just for the hilarious screeching from people who "aren't racist, but".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2014, 09:04:24 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

It might be worth it just for the hilarious screeching from people who "aren't racist, but".

:lol:

Rush Limbaugh already weighed in on this (not kidding).
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm having one of those "nothing is awful, but neither is anything going quite right" weeks.

Got a couple of old fillings replaced, one of them promptly broke again.

Car broke down. Turns out I'm no longer on my ex-husband's AAA, so I start my own account. They'll charge me an extra $45 for an immediate tow though.

My plane tickets cost approximately twice what I was told to expect.

At this point I'm not sure whether to even get my car fixed, but it is inconveniently not located near my house, but in front of my best friend's house.

I have a bunch of stuff I need to do before leaving for New Year's Eve, but I'm babysitting. The dad is getting home in half an hour, but wants me to hang around so he can get some stuff done. I can't really complain because I'm getting paid, and I need the money to have my car towed from in front of their house...

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh and I got my water bill. The good news: it was over $100 less than it was last quarter. The bad news: seriously dawg why did my insurance, water bill, AAA bill, dental bill, and Yule ALL HAVE TO HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME? During my poorest quarter, too, AND right when I need to buy that damn plane ticket. Geez.

I need to write this down so I can warn myself it's coming next year. December: Fuckin Expensive.

The Johnny

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 30, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
Oh and I got my water bill. The good news: it was over $100 less than it was last quarter. The bad news: seriously dawg why did my insurance, water bill, AAA bill, dental bill, and Yule ALL HAVE TO HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME? During my poorest quarter, too, AND right when I need to buy that damn plane ticket. Geez.

I need to write this down so I can warn myself it's coming next year. December: Fuckin Expensive.

Do you really need to travel? over the years ive ditched travel plans so many times ive lost count, because misery and reasons
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

To Borneo for an Honors study abroad session.

And I don't need to, I'd just be an idiot not to and the plane ticket will be reimbursed by my scholarship (unlike the insurance, water bill, AAA bill, dental bill, and Yule, none of which would be such a pain in the ass if they weren't all at once).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, for New Year's Eve? To my friend's beach house, they're picking me up at noon. I need to do laundry and bake a dessert.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My back hurts. Chasing an 18-month-old around all day is for young people.

Doktor Howl

STILL going through my grandfather's MASSIVE collection of pics.

My uncle Norm, shortly before being busted AGAIN, back in WWII:

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 31, 2014, 02:55:52 AM
STILL going through my grandfather's MASSIVE collection of pics.

My uncle Norm, shortly before being busted AGAIN, back in WWII:

That is an awesome picture!

LMNO

Nigel, I was unaware you were four separate people living in the same spacetime.