News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 15, 2014, 01:05:15 AM
Maybe Kai's tolerance has reached a new low point.

"This thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals"

This pretty much pushes away everyone in America.

To all people who have higher education(s) than me here. I'm 90% complete in my A.A.S in Mechanical Engineering. Can a engineer call themselves a scientist, or is that reserved when I pick up another scientific field, or until I get a BS?

No, you're one of those technician people.  Building things and other grubby stuff.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Speaking of grumbly, I have someone asking for a full Landsknecht set. I can do this, I have access to patterns for it so I don't have to cross my eyes figuring out the hosen. Now I just need to find a source for wool flannel that isn't going to kill me and the client when I slash it to bits.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Salty

Huh. I hav never had a BSOD before, thanks Brother!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 10:17:58 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
Meanwhile on Facebook, my friend seems to be arguing that selective breeding is fundamentally the same as GMO. :kingmeh:

I actually loathe BOTH sides of the argument. They are all ignorant absolutists who don't know what they're talking about and should shut the fuck up.

And then this happened:

Quote from: KaiThis thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals. You're all as bad as the reactionaries with your bloody propaganda. Bunch of mindless sheep in thrall to hype.

Broad brush techniques are maybe a requirement in MS programs?

Or maybe Kai has just become a ridiculous elitist stuffed shirt.  Fuck him.

DOUR,
Food down my shirt, knuckles dragging.

He's been increasingly douchey, and decreasingly able to communicate with others without being condescending or throwing a tantrum when his sweeping statements are challenged for a while now. I've lost interest in talking to him.

Yeah, thing is that I keep trying to pretend he'll stop, and go back to being the guy I used to love having around.

But that isn't going to happen.   :sad:

Yeah, I don't think so.

If the friend is me, I was talking about irresponsible selective breeding, going for extremes like those chicken that can't walk because they have too much breast meat, or bulldogs that have breathing problems their entire life. That cow or steer or whatever it was had a shaved inflated ass that looked like a 600 lb. pumpkin. The caption had some shit about it being GMO, but FACEBOOK.

I think Kai was just frustrated at that point. Yeah, he was a jerk about it but those people couldn't even argue with him, they were like "YUO TROLLIN".

I let the damn thread die. Fuck it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Today...today is a good day.

Firstly, the geopolitical forecasting group I applied to like my sample articles enough that they're already asking about publishing rights and throwing around named sums of money on the initial, speculative email. 

And the Turkish people...well, the owner of the company who are doing the recruiting has sent me an email asking for a picture, and wants to talk to me on the phone.

Yes, I like today.  Even if the weather is miserable as shit.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2014, 09:02:26 AM

Firstly, the geopolitical forecasting group I applied to like my sample articles enough that they're already asking about publishing rights and throwing around named sums of money on the initial, speculative email. 

And the Turkish people...well, the owner of the company who are doing the recruiting has sent me an email asking for a picture, and wants to talk to me on the phone.

WOOOOOOOOO!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 15, 2014, 03:51:53 AM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 15, 2014, 01:05:15 AM

"This thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals"

To all people who have higher education(s) than me here. I'm 90% complete in my A.A.S in Mechanical Engineering. Can a engineer call themselves a scientist, or is that reserved when I pick up another scientific field, or until I get a BS?

No, you're one of those technician people.  Building things and other grubby stuff.

Yeah, engineers just track mud through the hallowed and clean halls of science.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2014, 09:02:26 AM

Just what kind of employment are these people offering you?

You don't want to end up like Manny.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Oh, babysitting again.  But it's a one-on-one thing, the kid is only 10 and it's temporary.  How temporary determines my interest, of course.

hooplala

Quote from: KaiThis thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals. You're all as bad as the reactionaries with your bloody propaganda. Bunch of mindless sheep in thrall to hype.

That's an interesting qualifier.  So he will mix with non-scientist conservatives?  Or non-scientist tea-baggers?  Ooook.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 15, 2014, 03:51:53 AM

If the theory holds that fewer characters = dumber statements, then that should hold true, even for smart people who know better.  Even post-grad Biology majors.

And not to sound like a broken record, but this is why I have and will always appreciate E-Prime, regardless of what ALL'YALL (yeah, even YOU.  And YOU) have to say about it.

Suu

Holy shit, I'm actually getting WORK. In JANUARY.

Hot damn, I'll be able to make my student loan payments this semester after all! :banana:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Left

I have to go to the county ER for rabies shot # 4 today, since I didn't yesterday.

...There is no other way to get a course of rabies shots, other than to sit in the waiting-room of the damned.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 15, 2014, 02:42:13 PM
Holy shit, I'm actually getting WORK. In JANUARY.

Hot damn, I'll be able to make my student loan payments this semester after all! :banana:

i'll toast to that!

LMNO