News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Emo: Symptom of our Decay

Started by The Johnny, October 19, 2009, 11:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 22, 2009, 12:14:13 PM

also, for some reason, Goth music has its roots in 80s disco, such as Depeche Mode and New Order.

yea, discordianism has its origins in 80's disco too.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 22, 2009, 07:55:19 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 22, 2009, 12:14:13 PM

also, for some reason, Goth music has its roots in 80s disco, such as Depeche Mode and New Order.

yea, discordianism has its origins in 80's disco too.

What the fuck?  Did they have a time machine or something?  I mean, was Tears for Fears playing in 1959?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Hm...am I closet-Goth?  Me loves me Tears for Fears.  :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 22, 2009, 08:13:49 PM
Hm...am I closet-Goth?  Me loves me Tears for Fears.  :cry:

You're so goth, you piss mascara.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2009, 08:14:29 PM

You're so goth, you piss mascara.

I thought that was just me rotting from the inside...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 22, 2009, 08:15:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2009, 08:14:29 PM

You're so goth, you piss mascara.

I thought that was just me rotting from the inside...

DOIN' IT WRONG.

Quote from: Jenne on October 22, 2009, 08:15:20 PM
I thought that was just me dying on the inside...

The Johnny

Oh woe, Lady Jenne! Your virtuous memory shall forever live on within our (soul-less) hearts!

:swoons:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 22, 2009, 08:23:15 PM

Oh woe, Lady Jenne! Your virtuous memory shall forever live on within our (soul-less) hearts!

:swoons:

IF RICHARD NIXON COULD SEE THE DARKNESS IN MY HEART, HE'D DIE!

The Johnny

Well, from my experience in the dealings with gothlings...

ITS SUPPOSED to be something more than superficial, dramatic, snobbish fucktards.

But most just read and listen to music (or pretend to) that is the "cool thing" within that social circle... which i say defeats the supposed original idea of expression of individuality...

just meh, i could ramble about this for a long time.

-Johnyx
   , likes how goth girls look, but is disgusted at how the subculture actually plays out.

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 22, 2009, 08:29:34 PM

ITS SUPPOSED to be something more than superficial, dramatic, snobbish fucktards.

Yeah?  What's it supposed to be?

The Johnny

Its kind of like if 4channers started calling themselves Really Real Discordians.

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

is disgusted at how the subculture actually plays out.

All subcultures are this disgusting; Gothdom is just more obvious about it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2009, 08:30:22 PM

:jihaad:

The Johnny

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2009, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2009, 08:30:22 PM

:jihaad:

Ok fine, ill adress this since i do have "energy" on the subject.

Just give me a while to come up with something decent and coherent.

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: JohNyx on October 22, 2009, 08:33:25 PM
Just give me a while to come up with something decent and coherent.

This ain't gonna be your century, Johnny.  :lol: