News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Well, fuck.

Started by LMNO, January 15, 2008, 08:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Cain on January 18, 2008, 05:32:28 PM
IIRC, its like mihd, only you sign up with an account and get permament hosting.  For anything, not just music.  The downside being, its highly unlikely anyone will just browse and happen to see your music there.

What I think its really needed is a music download site with social networking aspects (a la Myspace, only with downloads) to increase the chance of random people finding your stuff or being referred to you.

Yeah, that's how it works. And if you want that, there's acidplanet.com. Reviews, filehosting (have to put up a WMA for streaming though, but mp3s can be downloaded), charts, pretty big forums, and a chance at some pretty cool remix comps every now and then.  But everyone there sucks and gives 10/10 reviews because they're massive whores, and is therefore useless for anything constructive.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Cain

Oh well.  Still, I'm sure we can do critical reviews here, and it sounds like a good place to get some coverage, even if they are huge whores.

B_M_W

Ugh....

So, can't use Multiply anymore. fuck fuck fuck.

What was that furry site Kai'enne was using? Because, srsly, I'd do it, to get my music online.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Cain

I know what it is, but I'm not telling you.

Why?

Because its a Furry site, and while it may get your stuff online, it will also ensure anyone with any sense of taste or decency will not be listening to it.

Triple Zero

from Xooxe, via BMW:

http://www.jamendo.com/en/

this site seems to do what multiply did, only it looks prettyer and seems to load faster.

also it allows you to make cashmoneys if you got a paypal acct.

eta: It's no longer a torrent-only site, also supports direct download.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I mentioned it on the previous page, but didn't know it was non-torrent now.

Time to go on a downloading spree!

Mourning Star

also

http://www.soundclick.com

and it would appear that MP3.com is back up and taking submissions again.

LMNO

Well, it looks like when I finally finish this album, I've got more than a few options...