News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

We made this industrial metal album. Check it out.

Started by Reeducation, April 23, 2008, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reeducation

http://www.kingfear.com/

The New Album: The Inexhaustable Hatred of Mankind

There are OGG and MP3.
I am very calm

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

AFK

No, really it's good.  I'll be honest I only listened to the first two songs but I liked what I heard.  The first one had a spooky kind of feel to it.  I have to say, generally I'm not a big fan of the industrial metal thing but I like the way you guys approached it. 

Payne

I will listen to this later.

All I can say before I listen to it is : Needs more VOCODER

the dreadful hours

Triple Zero

listening to it right now

first, i like your site, cool design!

i like the glitchy squeaky bits, though i kind of miss the cold mechanical / machinelike way of playing i like so much in industrial (KMFDM: "our music is simple, and totally fake, it's done by machines because they don't make mistakes!"), like fear factory, frontline assembly, front 242, etc.

your music sounds much more "organic", which is not bad, it's just not what i'd expect with "industrial" :)

but, i like it! i shall have to give it a few more listens, though.

i also sent it to my ex, cause i'm pretty sure she'll love it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: Disorder on April 29, 2008, 07:54:35 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 23, 2008, 02:56:54 PM
No, really it's good.  I'll be honest I only listened to the first two songs but I liked what I heard.  The first one had a spooky kind of feel to it.  I have to say, generally I'm not a big fan of the industrial metal thing but I like the way you guys approached it. 

Thank you. About half of the album is filled with some sort of spooky ambience. The rest is world burning. And Glitch! :D
Btw, we did'nt use guitars on this album, except on Poison Tree. All the rest guitar-like sounds are from two bass-guitars.

Cool.  I've found with enough processing you can make just about anything sound like a heavy, distorted guitar.  I've even been able to get some cool heavy sounds out of a Nose Flute and a Ukulele. 

Triple Zero

btw i just finished listening, i didn't pay full attention, but it gets nice and distorted and noisy near the end of the album (signal to noise, yeah!)

i like, i really like.

even though i don't really care for the whole spooky "doom" thing, i enjoy fat distorted crunchy sounds.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

El

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 29, 2008, 02:21:51 PM
Cool.  I've found with enough processing you can make just about anything sound like a heavy, distorted guitar.  I've even been able to get some cool heavy sounds out of a Nose Flute and a Ukulele. 

True, we have experienced quite a lot with heavy distorted synth sounds and like, that sounded like guitars. Not used those much on albums though. Interesting detail is also how most of the glitch and noise samples was made. We used circuit bended Casio childrens keyboards. You can get lot's of interesting sounds out of those toys.

Hooray! I'm having a wonderful time!

El

Quote from: Disorder on April 29, 2008, 04:20:46 PM

I had a nose flute when i was younger, and never learned to play it. I found it too complicated back then.

It's called a "Recorder" you KF MF. I wonder if it is teached in school only to make music teachers suffer.

Hooray! I'm having a wonderful time!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Disorder on April 29, 2008, 04:32:41 PMOh, you too?  :) I mean the word "doom". Is this new album really some sort of Fast Doom? We have heard this one before, so i'm just wondering.
We should probably say that this album is Experimental Metal from now on. :D

i would .. sooner call this music something like noisy/glitchy fast doom metal, than industrial metal.

but, i'm no expert on doom metal, and i don't really wanna call myself an expert on industrial metal either :)

AFK

Noseflute, an instrument that makes you look absolutely ridiculous when playing it:  (no this isn't me)

AFK

Yeah, there are some bamboo nose flutes, I've no experience with those.  But the kind in the picture isn't too hard.  You just breathe through your nose and your mouth basically is the sounding chamber.  You make it wider, smaller to control the pitch.  It's not exactly the most versatile instrument, but it's fun nonetheless. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Disorder on April 29, 2008, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: triple zero on April 29, 2008, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: Disorder on April 29, 2008, 04:32:41 PMOh, you too?  :) I mean the word "doom". Is this new album really some sort of Fast Doom? We have heard this one before, so i'm just wondering.
We should probably say that this album is Experimental Metal from now on. :D

i would .. sooner call this music something like noisy/glitchy fast doom metal, than industrial metal.

but, i'm no expert on doom metal, and i don't really wanna call myself an expert on industrial metal either :)

Industrialistic Faster than normal Doom Metal.  :)

i'd say it's more like

nu-Industrialistic-Faster-than-normal-Doom-Metal,

but yeah.