News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Two Thousand and Nein

Started by AFK, March 10, 2009, 03:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

The Germain Cabal of Germans has officially declared 2009 the year of nothing. That's right, the year of nothing. I mean, it makes sense doesn't it? I mean, just look at the economy, it is moving in the direction of less, not more. What does that mean? It's moving towards nothing! Will it achieve nothingness, or will it fail along the way?

What about the relationship between Michael Jackson and Michael Bloomberg. Oh, that's right, THERE ISN'T ONE. Zoiks, the Year of Nothing works its mysterious magic again. And don't even get me started on the Chicago Cubs this year.

In accordance with tradition, of which there is none, the GCG encourages all other Discordians and those that aren't to pay special observance to the Year of Nothing by choosing the nothing to do of their choice. This can be quite challenging for some, especially anyone with any compulsion to do stuff. Spread the word to your friends and family and postal workers. Okay, well maybe not the postal workers, but everyone else.

Good day and other such pleasantries.
-Rev. What's-His-Name? official fill-in spokesman for the GCG
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I formally declare that I will NOT kill the Good Reverend Roger this year.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Hope and Change does not fail on its own!  Stand up and be overlooked!

Richter

I reject your apathy, and substitute my own.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

This year I will absolutely not post ITT.

That went well, I think.

Jenne

:argh!:  It's the Year of the Ox!  The Chinese already claimed it!   :argh!:

Damned Krauts! 

Richter

AFK

I'm sorry but as the official substitute spokesperson I must inform you that what the Chinese do or don't do is not germain to the GCG. 

Jenne

Kraut-lovin, sausage-festing THIEVES!

IT's the Ox's year, damnyereyes!   :argh!:

LMNO

To be frank, this all sounds rather furtive.

LMNO
-stretching it to the breaking point.

AFK

Furtive?  I'd look it up but that would be counter to the spirit of the decree. 

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 10, 2009, 07:22:57 PM
Furtive?  I'd look it up but that would be counter to the spirit of the decree. 
Quote from: LMNO on March 10, 2009, 07:16:12 PM
To be frank, this all sounds rather furtive.

LMNO
-stretching it to the breaking point.

AFK

Man, I need a vacation.  I'm slipping.  But I still don't know what furtive means. 

LMNO

fur·tive 
Function: adjective
Etymology: French or Latin; French furtif, from Latin furtivus, from furtum theft, from fur thief, from or akin to Greek phōr thief; akin to Greek pherein to carry — more at bear
Date: 1612
1 a: done by stealth : surreptitious b: expressive of stealth : sly <had a furtive look about him>
2: obtained underhandedly : stolen