News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Hamish Howl's 4th of July GO FUCK YOURSELF speech.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 05, 2014, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

There's no point in talking about the 4th of July unless you're going to talk about where the revolution led us.  And where it led us was a plutocracy...This isn't a perversion of the system, it is the system's natural end.  Certain checks and balances were put in to put this end off, but as we've recently seen, the last of those checks and balances (the supreme court) just failed.

The funniest part is, I have watched various losertarians and other free market retards say that "Hobby Lobby (et al) should not be forced to pay for contraception".  They weren't.  Their insurance carrier was.  And now their rates will actually go UP, because of the increase or likely increase in pregnancy among their employees.  So this was never about economics, you stunted little morons, it is about CONTROL and keeping the poor poor by making sure they have lots more little poor people.  You are idiots, and this sort of shit is why you will always be on the bottom rung, screaming your Ayn Rand bullshit.  Fuckrags.

This decision of course follows the one a few years back in which the SCOTUS decided that corporations can basically have the local government declare eminent domain on your property and sell it to said corporation for pennies on the dollar, if the corporation can prove that their use of the land will pay more taxes than the original occupant.

So happy 4th of July, you fucking mongoloids.  Be PROUD of that flag.  After all, it's what they cover your head with while they FUCK YOU IN THE ASS.  And try not to think too much about the fact that these assholes in mumus are the LAST century getting the 19th century all over your 21st century.  Try not to think about the fact that they take your patriotism and convert it into the gigantic dildo that's probing your liver.  Suckers.

That is all.  You may now return to SUPPORTIN' THE TROOPS and watching your fireworks while you smash your brain with shitty fucking beer.

I hate you all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Sadly, yes.  This has not been an enjoyable day.

Aucoq

The 4th is a great holiday.  You just have to ignore everything it's supposed to stand for.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 05, 2014, 03:09:57 AM

I called this a speech because it was one.  I was asked by Mayor Hiremath to give a short speech at a Rotary Club meeting as a "distinguished veteran". 

It was not, unfortunately, well-received.  But I got to eat FIRST, so it was a win.  I in fact just got home.

I thought Mayor Hiremath was gonna bust a gut laughing. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aucoq on July 05, 2014, 04:19:40 AM
The 4th is a great holiday.  You just have to ignore everything it's supposed to stand for.

Balls.  I paid attention, and I had a GREAT time.   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Two observations:

1.  I am, socially, FINISHED in this town, and

2.  I think the Rotary Club has placed a price on my head.

Junkenstein

You've not really lived until you've had death threats from the local rotary club.

5 Stars, I've only just caught on to the eminent domain stuff and that's stunningly fucked up. Makes the compulsory purchase regs here look fair.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2014, 06:07:59 AM

I called this a speech because it was one.  I was asked by Mayor Hiremath to give a short speech at a Rotary Club meeting as a "distinguished veteran". 

It was not, unfortunately, well-received.  But I got to eat FIRST, so it was a win.  I in fact just got home.

Fuckin' bravo. :lulz:

Luna

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 05, 2014, 08:56:04 AM
You've not really lived until you've had death threats from the local rotary club.

5 Stars, I've only just caught on to the eminent domain stuff and that's stunningly fucked up. Makes the compulsory purchase regs here look fair.

I used to live in New London, CT.  Every word of that is true. 

Hey, Roger?  Did you know that, after that shit went straight to the Supreme Court, nine years later, they STILL haven't done shit with the property Pfizer took?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/20/seized-property-sits-vacant-nine-years-after-landmark-eminent-domain-case/
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Aucoq

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2014, 06:08:24 AM
Quote from: Aucoq on July 05, 2014, 04:19:40 AM

Balls.  I paid attention, and I had a GREAT time.   :lulz:

:lulz:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Aucoq

Quote from: Luna on July 05, 2014, 01:47:54 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 05, 2014, 08:56:04 AM

I used to live in New London, CT.  Every word of that is true. 

Hey, Roger?  Did you know that, after that shit went straight to the Supreme Court, nine years later, they STILL haven't done shit with the property Pfizer took?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/20/seized-property-sits-vacant-nine-years-after-landmark-eminent-domain-case/

Wow that's fucked up.

There's a golf course a stone's throw or so away from where I live.  Before they built the course I only remember it being woods, but everyone around here swears that there was a small trailer park in the woods.  They said that when they decided to build the golf course the city took the trailer park's land and forced the residents off their own property so they could build the course.  As a kid I just passed it off as a baseless rumor.  Now that I know how horrible the city government is here (it's the physical embodiment of the idea of soulless business) and how fucked up everything is I can't believe I ever thought it wasn't true.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 05, 2014, 06:16:32 AM
Two observations:

1.  I am, socially, FINISHED in this town, and

2.  I think the Rotary Club has placed a price on my head.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Sweet Jesus, tell me there's going to be a viral video of this.

Pretty sure it would make the two girls with a cup do a spit-take.
Formerly something else...

Aucoq

:lulz: