News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Hotsuma's Ranting: Vegitarianisim is fucking stupid.

Started by ~~~~Closed~~~~, August 04, 2004, 10:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakredchao

Quote from: Hwarang

Ever notice how sallow and crappy the skin of a vegetarian looks? Almost universally, their skin lacks a healthy hue. Nutrition deficiency.

all i gotta say to this is i've outworked almost every meat eater i've worked with..  being in good physical condition isn't related to eating meat.  some people are just pansies.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

Bella

Quote from: sakredchao

Ever notice how sallow and crappy the skin of a vegetarian looks? Almost universally, their skin lacks a healthy hue. Nutrition deficiency.

all i gotta say to this is i've outworked almost every meat eater i've worked with..  being in good physical condition isn't related to eating meat.  some people are just pansies.

kim
Yup. There's a Budhist temple just down the road from my house.
None of the people there eat meat and they have beautiful skin and shiney hair.
They also work circles around most of the other people I know and seem to have tons of energy left over.

PS: Hi, Hwarang! Nice to meet you.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Hwarang

Well, I must admit it was a broad generalization.

But I have known quite a few vegetarians or vegans whose skin improved once they fell off the wagon. I guess it's just something I noticed and of course doesn't apply to everyone.

Also I suppose it could just be a product of poor diet (for example, I used to have a vegetarian GF, but the truth is she was just too lazy too cook and too cheap to buy real food, so she subsisted on grape gatorade and pizza combos... her skin improved when i got her to eat meat).

And yea, some ppl are just wussball.
3.14159265358... vs. 1.61803398874... = ?
( All Roads Lead to Infinity )

chao

your signature line is making my head buzz like when i used to take acid in highschool.

i think i need to eat some lettuce, or the lawn.

DJRubberducky

[the square root of -1] before [the base of natural logarithms], except after [the speed of light].
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: sakredchao

kim
Yup. There's a Budhist temple just down the road from my house.
None of the people there eat meat and they have beautiful skin and shiney hair.
They also work circles around most of the other people I know and seem to have tons of energy left over.

PS: Hi, Hwarang! Nice to meet you.

irckon that sorta thign has ntohign to do with veggies, and more to be wacked out on life. if i had more energy i'd enver get a wink in, adn my diet is moremeat than anythign else(cept maybe patatoes ironically)
Hell is other people.

Wishfarple

Quote from: Hwarang3.14159265358... vs. 1.61803398874... = ?

Are we trying to start another Aliens vs. Predator thread?  

Because I gotta tell ya, I'm not a big fan of Pi.  The filling's good, though.

Fibonacci 4-evah!!!
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

sakredchao

aww, ducky that was cute.

i'm a fan of pi cause i know more of it than the golden mean.

i was bored in 7th grade.

on the other hand it's a useless number.  
so i'd say that the golden mean wins out of coolness.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: sakredchaoon the other hand it's a useless number.  

<blink><blink>

<blink>

Trollax

Quote from: HotsumaRead the topic title, then accept it as fact. why? because I've never heard a valid argument that supports vegitarianisim. allow me to recite a few.

Dietary Concerns
There are certain members of this species who are unable to properly digest animal proteins without supplimenting their bodies supplies of certain enzymes and chemicals. My own Mother and sister fit into this category. Without the replacement enzymes they consume every day meat makes them tremendously sick for days...

You may not agree with vegetariansim and yes, many vegetarians could not come up with a solid philosophical argument for it if you gave them an answer sheet and a year to think about it. But that makes it neither stupid, nor wrong.

Lempo

I'd suggest researching the subject you're writing about before posting.  Not doing so only makes you come out really ignorant.
Even consulting the American Dietetic Association will tell you something about the issue.

My old grandmother understands that "some people want to eat their vegetables as vegetables, not as a cow," as she puts it, without having had anyone explain the environmental issues 0))) brought up (and which people posting here with great success ignored) to her, so I'm really surprised that a lot of the people here who are given information about the issue still stick to their clever "durrrrr, they eat carrots because they like fuzzy animals" arguments.
Yo!
I kidnapped the princess while you were running around.
She's here in my castle if you dare to try and rescue her.

sakredchao

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Llama Wishfart Rinpoche
Quote from: Hwarang3.14159265358... vs. 1.61803398874... = ?

Are we trying to start another Aliens vs. Predator thread?  

Because I gotta tell ya, I'm not a big fan of Pi.  The filling's good, though.

Fibonacci 4-evah!!!

On the next episode of Celebrity Mathematics Deathmatch!

It's a free-for-all between Pi, I, Tau, and sqrt(2)!

sakredchao

pi would run circles around the rest of them.
i would be invisible
radical 2 would be busy trying to triangulate stuff
and tau is going to confuse everyone
and the golden mean would whoop ass on all of them, cause it's MEAN.

seriously, what's tau..?  i looked it up and just ended up blinking a lot and found myself wanting to hit the bourbon at 11am.

someone just told me "something to do with electric permeability"..  
mmmm  bourbon.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: sakredchaopi would run circles around the rest of them.
i would be invisible
radical 2 would be busy trying to triangulate stuff
and tau is going to confuse everyone
and the golden mean would whoop ass on all of them, cause it's MEAN.

seriously, what's tau..?  i looked it up and just ended up blinking a lot and found myself wanting to hit the bourbon at 11am.

someone just told me "something to do with electric permeability"..  
mmmm  bourbon.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/TauFunction.html