News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Hauling Fascists Around By The Ankles

Started by None, September 19, 2013, 11:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Balls Wellington on September 26, 2013, 08:40:37 PM
Quote from: Brother Nihil on September 26, 2013, 07:07:18 PM
My friends, I'm going to go ahead and declare victory here. Every attempted rejoinder has merely confirmed my accusations, and increased my conviction in the veracity of my claims. I'd love to stay and debate these matters further, but I have other realms to conquer and an empire to erect. Enjoy your mundane little echo chamber, "discordians", and may you be the first to fall when true discord finds your slumbering little world.

The way you type makes you sound like Lumberg from Office Space.

^THAT!!

Ben Shapiro

Telarus

Quote from: Reverend What's His Bear on September 27, 2013, 05:31:28 AM
Needs more batshit.

Gimme about 6 hours, bub.
                                                  \
                                                    \
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

von

My friends, I'm going to go ahead and declare victory here. Every attempted rejoinder has merely confirmed my accusations, and increased my conviction in the veracity of my claims. I'd love to stay and debate these matters further, but I have other realms to conquer and an empire to erect. Enjoy your mundane little echo chamber, "discordians", and may you be the first to fall when true discord finds your slumbering little world.

>My friends, I'm going to go ahead and declare victory here.
On what grounds? Your arguments remain unproven, your oppenents are collectively laughing at you, and worst of all -- the community stands entirely unaffected by anything you did. If this is your concept of "victory", then good luck conquering the internet...you'll need it.

>Every attempted rejoinder has merely confirmed my accusations, and increased my conviction in the veracity of my claims.
no, every rejoinder has merely been met with insults from the community towards pseudo-mysticism on your part. on the occasions you were given a chance to actually provide logical argument for your point, you failed to do so. gg m8...and more luck conquering the internet with your grandoise skills as a troll...
>I'd love to stay and debate these matters further, but I have other realms to conquer and an empire to erect.
This is a blatant cop-out. You're simply unable to hold your own in a formal argument. Also, let's dig into your notion of trolling your way across the internet in order to "conquer" it...

...one does not simply walk into mordor present logical arguments in order to wage a psychological/memetic campaign against a community. No, that doesn't work because people tend to have a full magazine of counterpoints ready to defend their position. Rather, you have to use subtlety, and have not only a sound understanding of your target (i.e. PD.com in this case -- a field of knowledge which you seem to lack), but also a sound understanding of how people receive and integrate data.

If you knew what you were doing, PD's memberbase wouldn't even perceive you as someone with a "wrong" ideology...ideally they wouldn't even perceive a "you" (another thing which you are lacking -- your persistent identity is laughable in that it's highly possible to dox, infiltrate and turn against you, every community which you are a member of...consider this). Rather they would simply absorb and integrate, over time, pieces of your ideology wrapped in benign fluff to the point that in 6 months time you could have them  goose stepping with a happy roman salute singing "heil eris" if you so chose.

"Unfortunately", you are lacking in the skills needed to be able to manipulate anyone's opinions covertly...at current, the best you would ever be capable of is reinforcing the memetic repitoires of people who already agree with you by presenting new variations of arguments for concepts which they already believe in (i.e. what you did when you presented the bald fight club guy's video to that satanist forum).

also

>erect
Ok, this simply made me giggle. I kinda wanna touch my penis now because of the associations I have with this word.

>Enjoy your mundane little echo chamber, "discordians", and may you be the first to fall when true discord finds your slumbering little world.
If you think it's an echo chamber, go lurk moar. These people disagree on plenty of things...go look at the recent drugs thread...much disagreement there. It's just that they don't agree with moldbug's rewrapping of early 20th century reactionaryism.

As for these people being the first to fall when "true discord" happens...sure, they'd all die horrendous deaths...but so would you mr.1st-world.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Mangrove

:sad:

Did we just fall foul of a sociological experiment? We confirmed his theories and yet he didn't have the decency to explain what they were. 

I feel cheated.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

von

Quote from: Mangrove on September 27, 2013, 03:22:00 PM

Did we just fall foul of a sociological experiment? We confirmed his theories and yet he didn't have the decency to explain what they were. 

I feel cheated.

I doubt he'd be able to pull such a thing. Reading some things about neoreactionaryism, he basically thinks the forum's general failure to agree with him is rooted in the fact that we're all brainwashed by the cathedral, which under his framework of how the universe works, would prove him correct because us not agreeing with him -> implies we're products of the cathedral -> implies the cathedral exists -> implies his theories of how the world works are true.

It's a big non sequitur...

Anyway, if he were indeed playing us...I'd feel a bit gooby...thanks; now I'm all paranoid and stuff.

hooplala

Quote from: von on September 27, 2013, 04:02:04 PM

I feel cheated.

I doubt he'd be able to pull such a thing. Reading some things about neoreactionaryism, he basically thinks the forum's general failure to agree with him is rooted in the fact that we're all brainwashed by the cathedral, which under his framework of how the universe works, would prove him correct because us not agreeing with him -> implies we're products of the cathedral -> implies the cathedral exists -> implies his theories of how the world works are true.

Anyway, if he were indeed playing us...I'd feel a bit gooby...thanks; now I'm all paranoid and stuff.

Naw, they all say that.  It's the last refuge of the wounded butthurt.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

von

Quote from: Hoopla on September 27, 2013, 04:14:42 PM

I feel cheated.

I know, I know. I just let my imagination run wild with how easy it could be to potentially fake BN's entire seemingly extant history online...I considered it, and looking at how limp his galdrux thing is + how few other hard references to him there appear to be, it seemed /possible/ that his whole identity could have been a simple carboard facade setup as a ruse to make him unsuspecting...

then I shaved with occam's razor....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: von on September 27, 2013, 04:21:12 PM

I feel cheated.

I know, I know. I just let my imagination run wild with how easy it could be to potentially fake BN's entire seemingly extant history online...I considered it, and looking at how limp his galdrux thing is + how few other hard references to him there appear to be, it seemed /possible/ that his whole identity could have been a simple carboard facade setup as a ruse to make him unsuspecting...

I've done that, when prepping to fuck with Pagans. You just create a few cohesive online identities, like "Starling" and "Tiki", spend maybe a week or two posting innocuously about the internet, leave them fallow for a year or so, and then commence batshittery, confident that people will be able to Google your ID and conclude that "Starling" is a real Pagan who has been around for a while and has internet cred.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

For a YEAR or so?

You do not fuck around with your trolling, do you?

von

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 27, 2013, 04:55:05 PM
Quote from: von on September 27, 2013, 04:21:12 PM

I feel cheated.

I've done that, when prepping to fuck with Pagans. You just create a few cohesive online identities, like "Starling" and "Tiki", spend maybe a week or two posting innocuously about the internet, leave them fallow for a year or so, and then commence batshittery, confident that people will be able to Google your ID and conclude that "Starling" is a real Pagan who has been around for a while and has internet cred.

I'm not saying that it's beyond the realm of possibility that nihil could be a persona, simply that I don't believe he is due to the fact that I can't see what his end game would be from what he has posted thusfar...or at least the end-games I have in mind are pretty batshit off the wall stuff that really doesn't make sense.

thus occam's razor: it's simplest for me to assume he's just an edgy teen who's become enamoured with some pseudo-fascist ideology rather than assuming he's a super-duper troll who's posting obviously unpopular opinions for god knows why...

as for accounts aging for a year...my god.

Faust

OH MY GOD. he's pulled back the curtain.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 27, 2013, 05:03:34 PM
For a YEAR or so?

You do not fuck around with your trolling, do you?

:lol: It's all in the setup.

Periodically, I generate a set of personas and leave them fallow for later, just in case. Also, my default mode when I encounter an interesting-looking forum is to make an account and post daily-ish for a week, just in case I need it for later.

The benefits of this are that I always have solid trolling destinations. The downside is that I forget about personas and accounts regularly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, at this age, what's a year? That's just the span between when I have time to do some set up (this summer) and the next time I have time to troll (next summer).