News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Please stop eating shit

Started by Scilon Agent, March 12, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Where did this asswombat come from?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

For the record, that wasn't a flame war. Not even close. At least for PDs standards.

No matter. Point stands: at PD, it's much more effective to address the poster rather than the mods.

Cramulus

ALRIGHT WHO'S THE ASSHOLE THAT'S REPORTING POSTS??
          /
:cramulus:

hooplala

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 04:43:09 PM
Hoopla, what agenda is that?

The continuing search for like minded miscreants trying to jail break the BIP? The glance to see if the people who come here are actually Discordians and not random jaded yuppies on a forum?

Yeah, that one.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

for a moment, pretend that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on.
                                /

Cramulus

oh my god if I get another e-mail about this thread I swear to god

Cramulus

ALRIGHT I'LL READ THE FIRST PAGE OF THE GODDAMN THREAD

Okay here's the thing ---
it seems like you were setting up for an impulse based choice. In impulse based choices, short term rewards tend to trump long term. So the tastiness of the twinkie eclipses the granola's conceptual baggage.

If you asked people to pick out their foods for the next week, I bet they'd choose granola over twinkie. Ask them what they want to eat in this moment, it's gonna be junkfood, not asparagus.

ALSO

there is a sublime quality to the worst foods ever

My personal vice is truck stop cheese danishes. I'm pretty sure those things came out of a nozzle and were put directly into a cellophane wrapper and never touched oxygen. But they are basically the perfect food. By trying to simulate an actual danish, they produced something (much like artificial cherry flavor) which was basically an intensification of a normal food's qualities. You end up with this "hyperreal" food product which I think tastes better than a hand made one.

Faust

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 14, 2014, 04:46:10 PM
ALL RIGHT I WON'T REPORT ANY MORE POSTS YOU WRETCHED ASS CLOWNS

That's not going to stop the handful of other people now reporting
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scilon thinks I posted because I'm trying to get brownie points with you guys and not because he's actually disgusting. And he considers granola bars a healthy choice for the purposes of his experiment that "proves" poor people are too stupid to make good decisions (and surely need people like HIM to decide FOR them), and he tattles on Nigel like a little bitch. It's almost like RWHN never left. Nixon-San will be very pleased.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

I'm just gonna leave this here, and then back up out of this thread for good:

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

oh are we done with the conversation part? ah well, I tried

though I SUPPOSE coming in on page 8 and refusing to read the rest of the thread past page 1 is a recipe for being out of sync

LMNO

You make a good point, Cram.

Actually, there were a lot of posts initially about why a person might choose the twinkie over the granola, and also why the "experiment" seemed to have valid flaws, as far as expreiments go.

Then there were a lot of other sorts of posts.

Cramulus

ehh yeah I guess I came into to a food fight and everybody's hucking grapefruits left and right and here I am throwing gushers

Cramulus

Alright PD, I brought snacks for everybody, here are your choices:

some twinkies that I've jammed full of multivitamins

or

a bag of popcorn with a hole in the bottom and my *slide whistle* sticking through

DON'T MAKE AN IMPULSIVE DECISION

LMNO

THROW SOME EXTRA BUTTER IN THE POPCORN, AND LET'S GET TO IT!