News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

"Requiem for a Dream"

Started by wade, July 17, 2008, 02:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

I just finished watching the film "Requiem for a Dream", and it has really upset me.   The main characters, as fucked up as they were, were only a little bit misguided in my opinion, hardly worth the amount of shit they ended up going through. 
This film  pissed me off because there were some characters who weren't on drugs, yet were seriously fucked up as well.  The uncaring doctor that fucked up the guys mother, in less then 3 seconds.  The fact that the mother and her friends were  so trusting of a doctor.  (Doctors are supposed to give a damn about their patients aren't they?)..  And of course, those animals that dealt with the guys girlfriend.  It is such a sad movie, I'm not even going to go into how those two guys were treated while in Florida, the docs first impression is to call the cops ASAP rather then helping the patient........   UGH..   (My friend, the one in the video I posted playing guitar, tells me, "If you have ever lived in Florida you would understand, it's the worst place in the world.")

My basic point is, this film shows me humanity, and it screams at me, telling me how sad we beings really are. :( 
  I want it to change, I want people to change,  I want drug addicts to get the guidance/support they need, (not just after the fact, but before as well) I just want a better place for people to grow up in.  A better place for us, a better place to experience each other...   Yet I am reminded, I am probably talking to similar people that were portrayed in "Requiem for a Dream" right now.  Ego driven, self satisfying, I will eat out your FUCKING heart out at a moments notice, if it will serve me type of people.  And you probably look at me as the same type of person, If not inferior...   

I'm really sad right now, and I just wanted to get it off my chest that as long as I am reminded of this movie, I will be more aware of how people react to and perceive me...   Ugh.  People, they're killing me.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Payne

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Dear Wade,

In this life, bad shit happens to people.

Thus endeth the moral lesson for the day.

Now, go shoot yourself.

Cramulus

Quote from: itsWednesday. on July 17, 2008, 02:00:01 AM
Yet I am reminded, I am probably talking to similar people that were portrayed in “Requiem for a Dream” right now.  Ego driven, self satisfying, I will eat out your FUCKING heart out at a moments notice, if it will serve me type of people. 

oh fuck OFF, dude

I've been perfectly content ignoring you since the last time you were "trolling us", but when you start a topic to tell us that you were disturbed by a movie and "WE" remind you of the "fucked up" and "misguided" people in it, I have to speak up.

I am NOT similar to the people portrayed in Requiem.
If you think we're all such "fucked up, misguided" individuals, why don't you fuckoff and go somewhere else?

There are OTHER FORUMS on the internet. Literally thousands of them. Some of them even have Original Thought and/or Discordians, if that's in fact what's attracted you here. And because they haven't met you yet, they won't post a fridge every time you open your mouth.

I still don't understand why you're here
trying to break AKK's record? Come ON.

I'm going to put this on the table: You should either go into permanent lurk mode or just leave alltogether. Because I'm sick of this community's creative energy getting spent and derailed by responding to shit like this.

This self-destructive kick you've been on underscores that you're desperate for human attention. And even the bad attention people are giving you is suiting your needs. Helpful Protip: YOU WILL FIND MORE REWARDING EXPERIENCES ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB. I WILL EVEN HELP YOU FIND A PLACE YOU WILL ENJOY MORE.

Now stop trying to piss everyone off.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 17, 2008, 07:10:21 PM
Yet I am reminded, I am probably talking to similar people that were portrayed in "Requiem for a Dream" right now.  Ego driven, self satisfying, I will eat out your FUCKING heart out at a moments notice, if it will serve me type of people. 

oh fuck OFF, dude

I've been perfectly content ignoring you since the last time you were "trolling us", but when you start a topic to tell us that you were disturbed by a movie and "WE" remind you of the "fucked up" and "misguided" people in it, I have to speak up.

If you think we're all such "fucked up, misguided" individuals, why don't you fuckoff and go somewhere else?

There are OTHER FORUMS on the internet. Literally thousands of them. Some of them even have Original Thought and/or Discordians, if that's in fact what's attracted you here. And because they haven't met you yet, they won't post a fridge every time you open your mouth.

I'm going to put this on the table: You should either go into permanent lurk mode or just leave alltogether. Because I'm sick of this community's creative energy getting spent and derailed by responding to shit like this.

This self-destructive kick you've been on underscores that you're desperate for human attention. And even the bad attention people are giving you is suiting your needs. Helpful Protip: YOU WILL FIND MORE REWARDING EXPERIENCES ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB. I WILL EVEN HELP YOU FIND A PLACE YOU WILL ENJOY MORE.

I agree with the second part... but let's not pretend that it's Wade's fault that 'creative energy' is getting dumped into google image searches for refrigerators. The people posting refrigerators like to post fridges, or fapping icons or whatever else they desire to throw at some poster they don't like. Wade isn't twisting arms, these posters seem to volunteer channeling their creative energy at perceived asshats who post inane drivel in our forums. If that's what they like to do.

Its not Wade's problem, he's just a half-literate buffoon that hasn't grokked the skill of good trolling.  :wink:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Raphaella

ITT: Cram looses his cool.

:cramstipated:

You have only one option, turn to Page 35
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mourning Star

Wow.  you managed to get Cram to yell at you.  quite possibly the most patient and understanding shit-flinger that's presently on this board.

Maybe you would be more comfortable somewhere else.  Like...The Aleutian Islands.  I'm pretty sure they don't have internets, and still use kayaks to fish for whales... You'll fit right in.

*You won't really fit in, but maybe they'll fucking harpoon your ass and use you as bait.

Mangrove

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 17, 2008, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 17, 2008, 07:10:21 PM
Yet I am reminded, I am probably talking to similar people that were portrayed in "Requiem for a Dream" right now.  Ego driven, self satisfying, I will eat out your FUCKING heart out at a moments notice, if it will serve me type of people. 

oh fuck OFF, dude

I agree with the second part... but let's not pretend that it's Wade's fault that 'creative energy' is getting dumped into google image searches for refrigerators. The people posting refrigerators like to post fridges, or fapping icons or whatever else they desire to throw at some poster they don't like. Wade isn't twisting arms, these posters seem to volunteer channeling their creative energy at perceived asshats who post inane drivel in our forums. If that's what they like to do.

Its not Wade's problem, he's just a half-literate buffoon that hasn't grokked the skill of good trolling:wink:

Asperger's Syndrome...is that YUO?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

wade

it wasn't directed at this board specifically, but people in general...

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: itsThursday. on July 17, 2008, 02:00:01 AMYet I am reminded, I am probably talking to similar people that were portrayed in "Requiem for a Dream" right now.  Ego driven, self satisfying, I will eat out your FUCKING heart out at a moments notice, if it will serve me type of people.

Maybe you should have rethought your phrasing, then. Because you are addressing us, your readers, as you wrote that.

Just a suggestion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Can we please just pretend Wade doesn't exist?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Payne

Quote from: Requiem on July 18, 2008, 09:30:51 PM

It's too late  :x.

Besides, It's Wednesday now.  :roll:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Payne on July 18, 2008, 09:48:36 PM
Quote from: Requiem on July 18, 2008, 09:30:51 PM

It's too late  :x.

Besides, It's Wednesday now.  :roll:
Thursday

Well, actually its Friday, but I think he's gotten behind.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson