News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

the Austrian Zinger

Started by Ixxie, August 31, 2013, 05:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixxie

Ice Berg Salad, Radishes, Strawberries, Goat Cheese, honey and a good vinegar (dark balsamico maybe). Mint and Lemon optional.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

East Coast Hustle

I had to think about the radishes for a minute, but I think they'd work. Everything else you mentioned is variations on a pretty classic combination. I used to do a version at a place I cheffed at with arugula, candied pears, fresh mint, blueberry stilton, and a blueberry balsamic vinaigrette. Big fan of the sweet/tart/strong cheese combination. Radishes would give a nice bit of crunch without doing that awful thing where people put nuts all over a salad.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ixxie

yeah I know what you mean, its just that radish / strawberry thing that got me off guard but like you say its a typical sort of thing.
"In Shadow - we find the Light - Safely Sealed in Darkest Night, so make Sure Ya'll Keep it Tight. Wizards Only - Fools!"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds good. I would eat the hell out of that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."