News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

So this appears to be a real thing

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, May 25, 2015, 06:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Cat-Toy-House-Large/dp/B00WCHQYTU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432520172&sr=8-1&keywords=live+cat+toys

QuoteLive Cat Toy - One House Fly
by LiveCatToys.com
   6 customer reviews 
Note: This item is only available from third-party sellers (see all offers).
Available from these sellers.
Size: Large
"Captain Goldbloomer": The All-Natural, Battery-Free Live Cat Toy
Cats are mesmerized by house flies
Provides hours of mental stimulation and exercise
You will receive one large Blue Bottle house fly in an attractive, transparent container
Yes, this house fly will be alive and buzzing!
1 new from $2.99
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

I love the one star review.

The seller said they'd send a fly, and they sent a fly.  You have no grounds for complaints.

As an aside, my cat did eat flies very frequently.  Whenever we had one, we'd just lock her and it in the room and give it 10 minutes.  Possibly the most useful thing a cat has ever done.

Dubya

:lulz:

Genius. Pure frigging genius right there.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My favorite review:

QuoteHoly crap! This is an actual, honest to God, housefly! I paid $2 for a bug that I would kill if it were flying around my house! I almost died laughing when I opened the package. I have to be honest and say that I thought it was possible that this thing would be a real fly based on the description (which does not come out and say that this is a real fly). But I thought surely to goodness someone would not sell a real fly. I was hoping it was some type of electronic toy. Needless to say, my $2 fly was DOA. However, they sent me a seedling one that should "pop" soon. Yeah, um, I threw all of it in the garbage. Seriously? While this was funny, I can't say I would recommend this product. BE AWARE: IT'S A REAL FLY!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 25, 2015, 07:42:18 PM
My favorite review:

QuoteHoly crap! This is an actual, honest to God, housefly! I paid $2 for a bug that I would kill if it were flying around my house! I almost died laughing when I opened the package. I have to be honest and say that I thought it was possible that this thing would be a real fly based on the description (which does not come out and say that this is a real fly). But I thought surely to goodness someone would not sell a real fly. I was hoping it was some type of electronic toy. Needless to say, my $2 fly was DOA. However, they sent me a seedling one that should "pop" soon. Yeah, um, I threw all of it in the garbage. Seriously? While this was funny, I can't say I would recommend this product. BE AWARE: IT'S A REAL FLY!

That person doesn't read so good apparently.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Meunster

wait, 2$ for one fly?

I'm sure there's better prices.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 26, 2015, 01:58:00 AM
Here's 250 for $6: http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/250-spikes-fly-larvae/

Thanks, now I don't need to buy food or toys for my cat. Just fill a room full of flies and come back later.
Poe's law ;)