News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Some more fractal stuff

Started by ataraxia, October 07, 2005, 01:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ataraxia

Hey, these have been done for a while, and now my server is up again. And posting this is easier than writing a good rant. :P

[/img]
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

fnordiscordia

WAY TO HAVE A BUNCH OF PROGRAMS SHIT OUT "ART" FOR YOU!

NICE FUCKING WORK!

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Very nice.  I like all the bazillion changes you made to the first one to create the second one.

ataraxia

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyVery nice.  I like all the bazillion changes you made to the first one to create the second one.
These are actually entirely independent from each other. And all the filters that I applied were part of XaoS itself, I didn't even need another app to post-process them.

Didja notice that the last one is the original for my current avatar? I applied an edge-detect filter, a "distant sun" flare effect, and an ordinary fuzzy black dot to it in Gimp.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ataraxia
Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyVery nice.  I like all the bazillion changes you made to the first one to create the second one.
These are actually entirely independent from each other. And all the filters that I applied were part of XaoS itself, I didn't even need another app to post-process them.

Didja notice that the last one is the original for my current avatar? I applied an edge-detect filter, a "distant sun" flare effect, and an ordinary fuzzy black dot to it in Gimp.

pedo.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Seriously, keep your arms, legs, and all other appendages away from the kiddies.

No, I didn't.  I don't have my browser set to adjust for size so they are fricking huge.  Nice effects added to the last one.  Looks like, which is it, a nutron star, or another kind of 'dead' star that shoots that stuff into space?

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Look, I know you're a complete fucking idiot but why are you talking to a pedophile? Are you down with that sort of thing? What would your hubby think?

ataraxia

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyNice effects added to the last one.  Looks like, which is it, a nutron star, or another kind of 'dead' star that shoots that stuff into space?
It's the corner of an Octal, with the "starfield" filter applied (the original, I mean).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyNice effects added to the last one.  Looks like, which is it, a nutron star, or another kind of 'dead' star that shoots that stuff into space?
It's the corner of an Octal, with the "starfield" filter applied (the original, I mean).

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

I still like the snowman butt guy, I mean, Mandelbrots, hehehe, that's what we call them at my house.

ataraxia

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

I still like the snowman butt guy, I mean, Mandelbrots, hehehe, that's what we call them at my house.
Old Benoit Mandelbrot used to call it something like "the weird bug". I've got his book  The Fractal Geometry of Nature. The pics are nice but don't try to read the text - you could probably find his picture in the encyclopedia under "pedant"  :lol: He's also very vindictive of anyone in his fieldwho doesn't worship him. (He's actually an economist, BTW.)

Lorenz was a weather guy, hehehe

ataraxia

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyLorenz was a weather guy, hehehe
Yeah, he posted his discovery of the strange attractor in some meteorological journal, and the audience said "WTF is this MATH???" The mathematicians that cared didn't find out for about 10 more years :lol: