News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

1. Perry's dress was better made, and had some cool design elements, which elevated it above Spears'.

2. Zooey's tits aren't that big.

Suu

I am exhausted, but I am registered and good to go. They want me to take my first internship in the spring, no need to wait, that way I can take what I learn my first year and apply it to my 2nd year and my final project. Instead of a thesis, which I CAN do, I do a final project where I design and execute my own exhibit, start to finish, or at least engage in a large project at a museum that is entirely my own. So this degree is far more practical than academic. This seemed to ostracize us 3 in the cohort during the general orientation, but our advisor basically told us to let them bitch. Three classes per semester, so in 2 years I'm done. Party. Over.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Slyph on August 25, 2014, 05:44:15 PM
Britain is blessed with really good pork sausages.

Indeed it is.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2014, 03:12:42 PM
Gotta say, mushroom-based "meat" is better than the real thing.

And something like half the calories.

I agree.

Well, depending on the animal and the preparation. But as Cain said, as well, meat substitute has improved in quality. Mushrooms are friggin great.

If you can make a purely vegetarian black pudding out of a mushroom, I'd eat it. I'd report you to the Pope, but I'd eat it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

The good stuff is indeed good. 

However, the bad stuff....well, only 40% of it needs to be pork, for it to be a pork sausage.  That's all I'm saying.  No speculation on what or who makes up the shortfall.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2014, 08:02:36 AM

The good stuff is indeed good. 

However, the bad stuff....well, only 40% of it needs to be pork, for it to be a pork sausage.  That's all I'm saying.  No speculation on what or who makes up the shortfall.

The irony is that there used to be more than a few "sausages" for sale that wouldn't even touch 10%. Stupid modern rules insisting meat products contains actual meat.

By the gods they were good.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Lidl sausages certainly only taste like they're 10% meat.  Or meat-flavoured sawdust, or something.

Junkenstein

You food snobs won't believe me, but 5% "meat" sausages with the remainder made up from Newspaper, sawdust, cardboard chippings and gravel are far superior to any premium sausage you can lay your hands on.

For one thing, they're full of fibre. You don't get that in your fancy "real meat" foods.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I know you're joking, but a lot of gourmet sausages these days come with a considerable amount of onion in them.  Like, probably 10-15%?  I'm also noticing cheese is gaining in popularity a bit.  Not sure about that myself, but I'd definitely give it a go.

Junkenstein

Half joking. The only food that's ever made me see God seems to come from Vans with dubious adherence to hygiene standards.

There's just something about:

Bacon that's been burnt so long it's mainly carbon
Sausages with bone shards
Eggs that bounce
In a bun that was fresh last week

It let's you know you're alive. There is an art to cooking bad food well and it is known only to the surliest of food vans. Masters of the art can be spotted by their chain smoking which never interferes with the cooking process.

LMNO is likely to shit himself when he sees that. P3nt's likely to get hungry. Cultural differences, eh?

Anyway - 10-15% Onion? Cheese? What insanity is this? There will be some sort of third flavour of wine at this rate.

Cain

The traditional Toulouse Sausage is made with bacon, parsley,garlic and red wine.

How about oysters and thyme?  Leeks?  Mustard and honey?

Eater of Clowns

It doesn't sound so much like Junkie's been eating sausages as it does he's been grazing in the rubble piles of his latest demolition.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 26, 2014, 11:19:16 AM
It doesn't sound so much like Junkie's been eating sausages as it does he's been grazing in the rubble piles of his latest demolition.
Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2014, 10:06:30 AM
The traditional Toulouse Sausage is made with bacon, parsley,garlic and red wine.

How about oysters and thyme?  Leeks?  Mustard and honey?

As the board is dead, let's have a little story shall we?

One day, Horrible Uncle Junkie had to get up so early it was pointless going to bed. He had to drive to the other side of the country to look at a power station that had the gall to go on fire. After several hours drive with no food or sleep and very carefully rationed cigarettes, HUJ managed to get to the idiot place with 20 golden minutes to spare.

Due to said fire, the place was quite active when it would normally have been dead. The local merchants were aware of the situation and were doing their best to capitalise on it. Several vans were open and busy with queues at each that you would normally associate with festivals.

Except one.

"Tonys" (Name forgotten to time, but I'm sure it was Tony's something or other) was my chosen van. The fact that I had to chose him because of the queues caused no small resentment. Surely the outcast van was being avoided for a reason? With a demanding stomach, I resigned myself to a bout of the shits at some point on the journey back.

The van itself was procured directly from the set of a horror film. Bad tyres, a paint job that made claims of white at some point in the past, dodgy fixings everywhere and anything metal had a nice sheen of rust. It's the kind of thing that makes you think you need a tetanus shot just because you've seen it.

Tony (presumably) is a charming fellow "what you want" he asks, in tones you would normally associate with a forthcoming concussion. It's less a question and more a way to let you know you're interrupting his smoking and reading of the paper. I saw reading, I mean staring at tits. The paper was the Daily Sport.

Order placed, I watch the magic occur in front of me. Disney couldn't touch this shit. The freshly lit cigarette is used to light the stove for the kettle and the couple of grills. Eggs are thrown on. I'm not saying that as some kind of colourful language, he threw the fucking eggs at the grill. Shell and all. "Meats" are found and again flung on.

The roll it's all going in is found, ripped in half and again flung on the grill. A packet of cigarettes is lifted and while I did expect it to be a thrown on to the grill as well, it turns out that he's finished the smoke he began cooking with. While the magic occurs, I am treated to a lecture about how Gary Rhodes is "A cunt". Reasons for this are never explained, but seems to come from the heart.

With fresh nicotine stick in hand, Tony begins to shovel all this shit into a pile and the places the roll either side. With a quick clap, a surprising amount of crap is now in between the roll. This is shoved into a towel (Yes, a towel.) and placed in front of me.

Sweet Christ.

The bacon could have been used as a shiv. It should have been used as a shiv. I could read yesterdays headlines in the sausages. The Ketchup had the consistency and texture of day old pigs blood. I had to chew to bite through the egg, which caused bacon to shatter and cut my mouth. It was probably the bacon, anyway. 

There was nothing right here. Nothing.

And to this day, it remains the tastiest sandwich I've ever fucking eaten.

There is an art to terrible food. On that day, I met the man that makes Picasso look like an idiot child with ADD.

LMNO

Hey now, I've got nothing against questionable meat product, heavily salted, and loosely held together with grease and what is possibly cheese.  Especially when it's 2:00am, and you've just left the bar.  They're called "Tasty Burgers" and they stand on the right hand of God after the required number of pints.

Eater of Clowns

HOLY FUCKING CRAP JUNKENSTEIN MET CMOT DIBBLER IRL
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO