News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Recent posts

Only Maybe Arts Lab / ICYMI! "HARBINGER"
Last post by Bobby Campbell - March 14, 2024, 09:33:08 PM

Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: WEIRDOVERSE
Last post by Bobby Campbell - March 14, 2024, 09:31:56 PM
Quote from: ein Gefrorener Würfel on March 14, 2024, 06:22:55 PMVery Nice. Bookmarked.

Warmest regards!  :fnord:  :fnord:  :fnord:
Aneristic Illusions / Re: The Republicult™ On Parade
Last post by ein Gefrorener Würfel - March 14, 2024, 06:43:28 PM
To #46
Quote from: Brother Mythos on March 11, 2024, 09:07:16 AMAfter watching the senator's rebuttal to the SOTU, it occurred to me that the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation, the people who hand out those infamous "Razzies," should be encouraged to branch out from only critiquing movies, and create two (2) new categories. I suggest calling them Worst Actor, and Worst Actress in an Official Political Performance Art Piece. It's still early, of course, but I believe it will be difficult to underperform Senator Britt for a possible 45th Golden Raspberry Award.

At first I thought these awards would be an easy win for the USA. But after thinking about who would be second I realized, there are a lot of politicians who only and badly perform an act. The UK has some, Australia, .... From a comedy podcast with Indian guests I know India will be a contender in this. Germany and Austria have their Pappenheimer (Rascals (euphemism, mostly Nazis)), but they can't speak English so you won't hear from them.

That's why people who engage in politics are either fanatics of some ideology or frustrated.
Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: WEIRDOVERSE
Last post by ein Gefrorener Würfel - March 14, 2024, 06:22:55 PM
Very Nice. Bookmarked.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: The Republicult™ On Parade
Last post by Brother Mythos - March 14, 2024, 06:25:42 AM
I learned a new meme! And, it explains what was going on with Alabama Senator Katie Britt during her SOTU rebuttal last week.

"Ever hear of "Fundie Baby Voice"? If you haven't, you missed what was going on. It gets worse."

As per this article:

"While Senator Katie Britt has gotten a lot of flak for her performance (and it was a performance), something else was going on. People have commented on her presentation — they way she emoted, the way she sounded, 'the woman in the kitchen talking about her kids' context.

Tom Sullivan at Digby's Place picked up on some videos that make her performance even creepier when you understand where she is coming from, and what she is messaging. Sullivan found several videos that contrast the way she speaks normally with the way she spoke that night. This video from Jess Piper explains exactly what kind of dog whistle Britt was blowing — the Fundie Baby Voice:

There's a name for it...fundie baby voice. https://t.co/qsmswSAavn

— Jess Piper (@piper4missouri) March 8, 2024

Piper plays several video clips from other women beside Britt to show what it sounds like, and then explains what it means to people who recognize it.

"...I was born and raised an evangelical, a fundamentalist. That is called the fundie baby voice. It means you're submissive. It means you're a good woman. It means you're kind and you support your husband. The better you are at the baby voice, the better woman you are.""

This is a long, strange article. But, it did get me thinking about this special religious voice thingy. For instance, if evangelical fundamentalists speak in a special voice on certain occasions, shouldn't Discordian Fundamentalists also consider speaking in a special voice(s) when proselytizing, and possibly on other special occasions?

Here's this article's link:   Fundie Baby Voice
High Weirdness / Re: Is This Really Necessary?
Last post by Brother Mythos - March 13, 2024, 11:19:23 PM
It's alive! It's alive! Well ... at least the dream is still alive.

"Australian billionaire revives dream to set sail on Titanic II"

As per this article:

"Brisbane, Australia CNN — For more than a decade, Australian billionaire Clive Palmer has been the driving force behind plans to build Titanic II – a replica of the ill-fated ship that sank in 1912 with more than 2,200 people on board.

Only about 700 survived, creating history as the world's most disastrous voyage – and the light bulb of an idea for a billionaire with an interest in cruising and cash to burn.

Palmer first launched plans for Titanic II in 2012, and again in 2018.

Six years later, he's done it again, relaunching the project on Wednesday during a press briefing at Sydney Opera House against the backdrop of the city's famed harbor.

Once again, the question is why?"

That's another good question!

Here's this article's link:   Titanic II Project Phase III
Only Maybe Arts Lab / OMNIBUS 777
Last post by Bobby Campbell - March 13, 2024, 09:36:53 PM
Techmology and Scientism / Re: Weekly Science Headlines
Last post by Brother Mythos - March 13, 2024, 04:45:16 PM
"Military service can bring melanoma danger"

As per this article:

"U.S. military veterans, especially those who served in the Air Force, are at high risk for one of the deadliest skin cancers, melanoma.

The risk owes to work hazards associated with service in countries near the equator where ultraviolet (UV) levels are higher.

Long-term exposure to radiation from flying at higher altitudes puts Air Force vets at even higher risk.

"Most members of the military tend to serve when they're younger, which is when cellular mutations that cause cancer over time can start to develop," Dr. Rebecca Hartman, chief of dermatology at VA Boston Healthcare System, said during a presentation Friday at the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) annual meeting in San Diego.

"Challenges in practicing effective sun protection, like inadequate access to sunscreen or protective clothing, and not having access to sun protection in times of conflict, contribute to this risk," she added in a meeting news release."

All I was worried about were bombs, missiles, radiation poisoning, lung cancer from secondhand smoke, food poisoning, sharks, hypothermia, and drowning. And now, after all this time, they're telling me I needed sunscreen.

Here's the link:   Melanoma Danger from Military Service
Only Maybe Arts Lab / BUDDHAFART #2
Last post by Bobby Campbell - March 12, 2024, 08:22:34 PM
Only Maybe Arts Lab / BUDDHAFART – EP. 20 “RECURSION...
Last post by Bobby Campbell - March 12, 2024, 01:03:34 AM

BUDDHAFART – The story so far...
By Bobby Campbell & Todd Purse
Continued from BUDDHAFART – EP. 19 "FOURFOLD VISION"

TO BE CONCLUDED IN AGNOSIS! #3

I also updated the rest of the OKEY-DOKEY episodes and organized them in a way that is hopefully more user friendly  :fnord:  :fnord:  :fnord:

https://weirdoverse.com/okey-dokey/