News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

There's too much fuck in my head

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, March 29, 2013, 04:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

My Blackberry buzzes at me no matter what's on the way in.  And you have to wait for the buzzing to end before you can tell if it's an email or text you can address later, or a phone call, which will enrage you right now.

That sort of stressor had to be planned.

This Blackberry is going to come to an awful end in the shop later today, I think.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nobody's actually out there.  I see that, now.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

If you can't beat them, join them.

TGRR,
Off to look at unread topics for the next few days or so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 03, 2013, 05:17:59 AM
I'm sorry if I don't talk to you much, but I'm scared. All the time. The fuck in my head sees the things that you write and it thinks it has a friend and then it gets all excited and tries to claw my skin off again even though I told it not to

Well, we can't have that.

I think I'm tired of blogging, which this has sort of turned into for me.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:01:23 PM
I'm sorry if I don't talk to you much, but I'm scared. All the time. The fuck in my head sees the things that you write and it thinks it has a friend and then it gets all excited and tries to claw my skin off again even though I told it not to

That's too bad. I'm playing a game right now called "leave half-finished responses open for an hour because of self-conscious second guessing."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 03, 2013, 08:28:50 PM

That's too bad. I'm playing a game right now called "leave half-finished responses open for an hour because of self-conscious second guessing."

Wasn't talking about the thread, QG, I was talking about PD in general.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:30:45 PM

It's just hard going, because I'm still not sure exactly what PD is, and whenever the fuck gets bad I can't see any generic complaints without assuming IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FEEL BAD NOW. Which, you know, helpful. I am so looking forward to getting a goddamn shrink.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 07:22:52 PM
Nobody's actually out there.  I see that, now.

Beans were starting to boil over.

As far as the Blackberry goes, I've found in recent years that cheap, shitty faux Blackberries are actually better than real ones because they have a lot fewer FEATURES(TM).
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 03, 2013, 08:34:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:30:45 PM

It's just hard going, because I'm still not sure exactly what PD is, and whenever the fuck gets bad I can't see any generic complaints without assuming IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FEEL BAD NOW. Which, you know, helpful. I am so looking forward to getting a goddamn shrink.

It's not your fault.  It's not anybody's fault.

I think it's just that the day of the .com forums is done, just like usenet died when the .coms came along.

Facebook is where 90% of our user base went...Because it's easier to post, because the format basically discourages actual writing, and encourages you to use features to express yourself, rather than typing actual thoughts.

It's the dumbing down of the virtual community, and it works like a charm. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:41:29 PM
You can't fight progress.

I was trying to google image search an old painting of some Indians sabotaging train tracks, but I can't find it.
You can't STOP it, but sometimes you can say "HEY, FUCK YOU".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 03, 2013, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 08:41:29 PM
You can't fight progress.

I was trying to google image search an old painting of some Indians sabotaging train tracks, but I can't find it.
You can't STOP it, but sometimes you can say "HEY, FUCK YOU".

Well, that's my plan.  I shall stand on the side of the interbutts superhighway, with my underwear on my head, screaming "FUCK YOU! At all the members of the post-Facebook 5-character-limit future that drive by.

And though my pants will be around my ankles, those pants will have BUTTONS, not those newfangled ZIPPERS.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'd like to also state that it isn't PD.  No, every .com forum I know of is as dead as Snooki's career.

And my guess is, Facebook will follow within a few years, when even THAT much concentration becomes a burden.  GEORGE ORWELL WAS SUCH A KIDDER!  It won't be "Good" and "Ungood", the entire human language will consist of "LIKE" and UNLIKE", as we scan the latest TRENDING shit on the inside of our left eyelid.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the FUCK THAT IS IN MY HEAD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I hear it all the time:  "Roger, quite griping!  I'm sick of your shit."

Well, I'll have you all know that my shit is prized as a valuable defense commodity.  Sprayed over a tank, it makes the vehicle both shell-proof and immune to infantry assaults.  When applied to infantrymen, it protects them from IEDs.

In some cultures, my shit is collected and kept in special huts.  The tribe possessing the biggest pile of my excrement is the object of every other tribe's envy, and they laugh at the other tribes' puny piles.  Rumors have it that the least of my butt nuggets can be used to dowry off three ugly daughters.

Also, the last time I was constipated was November of 2008, and the economy is still, well, in the crapper.  I have heard that there is a movement - if you'll pardon the expression - to take America off of fiat currency, and put it on the poop standard.

So I trust we'll hear no more complaints when I befoul your toilet to such an extent that the house takes serious structural damage.  Just think of your bathroom as sitting on a gold mine.  And you can always get more cats.

Nobody is sick of my shit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2013, 10:25:13 PM
I'd like to also state that it isn't PD.  No, every .com forum I know of is as dead as Snooki's career.

And my guess is, Facebook will follow within a few years, when even THAT much concentration becomes a burden.  GEORGE ORWELL WAS SUCH A KIDDER!  It won't be "Good" and "Ungood", the entire human language will consist of "LIKE" and UNLIKE", as we scan the latest TRENDING shit on the inside of our left eyelid.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the FUCK THAT IS IN MY HEAD.

True story.

The world is, little by little, SHUTTING UP™.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."