News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

Quote from: Quercus on January 24, 2009, 03:22:21 AM
Quote from: Vene on January 24, 2009, 03:03:57 AM
Quote from: Quercus on January 23, 2009, 09:04:52 PM
Freshwater. I'm in the process of gaining degrees in fisheries biology with a specialty in native (north american) mussel preservation/restoration.
I'm just gonna assume you go to LSSU

You shouldn't assume.
Dammit

Cainad (dec.)

(Pssst, Vene: that means you're right and she hasn't the heart to outright lie by denying your statement)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Quercus on January 24, 2009, 03:21:44 AM
Quote from: Kai on January 24, 2009, 02:50:59 AM
Quote from: Quercus on January 24, 2009, 12:49:06 AM
Mmk?

Kai,

BS in Water Resources/Biology, specializing in Aquatic Entomology.

Currently pursuing a MS in Entomology, research dealing with the resolution of larval taxonomy of Nearctic species of the Genus Cheumatopsyche, Family Hydropsychidae, Order Trichoptera (Caddisflies).

Ah, ok.  :D  That is super cool. I should have picked that one up with the caddisflies in your thingie. For another fun twist, all my undergrad research is in tarantula behavior, but mussels.........oh how I adore them, love them, cherish them.....

God, I love you fucking biology freaks.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Nigel on January 24, 2009, 07:37:16 PM
Mmk?

Kai,

Currently pursuing a MS in Entomology, research dealing with the resolution of larval taxonomy of Nearctic species of the Genus Cheumatopsyche, Family Hydropsychidae, Order Trichoptera (Caddisflies).

Ah, ok.  :D  That is super cool. I should have picked that one up with the caddisflies in your thingie. For another fun twist, all my undergrad research is in tarantula behavior, but mussels.........oh how I adore them, love them, cherish them.....

God, I love you fucking biology freaks.  :lulz:

I BET YOU DO!  :lulz:

Quercus, any good recommendations for a guidebook to the bivalve species of north america?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Mmk?

Kai,

Ah, ok.  :D  That is super cool. I should have picked that one up with the caddisflies in your thingie. For another fun twist, all my undergrad research is in tarantula behavior, but mussels.........oh how I adore them, love them, cherish them with garlic, white wine, and a sprig or two of thyme.....

Fixed that for you.

Lilith Complex

Well, I'm up for a lark, as always. Current projects? Uh, fixing my life, but I'm available for other, more entertaining gigs.

Areas of expertise include calming down violent people, wasting large amounts of time doing nothing particularly useful, confusing the masses with circular logic, being very nice and making people feel bad because of it, and escaping situations via the application of effective crossdressing if need be.

Pariah

I got a good layout designer/word processor. And spare time.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Kai

Quote from: Lilith Complex on February 09, 2009, 02:07:15 AM
Well, I'm up for a lark, as always. Current projects? Uh, fixing my life, but I'm available for other, more entertaining gigs.

Areas of expertise include calming down violent people, wasting large amounts of time doing nothing particularly useful, confusing the masses with circular logic, being very nice and making people feel bad because of it, and escaping situations via the application of effective crossdressing if need be.

what is it with all the awesome crossdressing genderbenders joining recently?

SRsly?!

:D :D
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Somehow, word got out about us.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Lilith Complex

Quote from: Kai on February 09, 2009, 03:41:59 AM
Quote from: Lilith Complex on February 09, 2009, 02:07:15 AM

what is it with all the awesome crossdressing genderbenders joining recently?

SRsly?!

:D :D

Well, the crossdressing was just an occupational skill I picked up before coming out. As for the timing? I call it Kismet....and if there are other genderbenders around here, I want to know who, where, and if I can have your collective number(s).

You want something that will really blow your mind? The day I came out, back in '06, just happened to be April 1st. Truly. I had been so drunk for the last two weeks that I had no idea what month it was, let alone the day. Needless to say, no one believed me when I told them, and a friend had to inform me of the current date.

I just like the fact that what was probably my most subversive act of my entire life happened on the 1st. Nothing like "Hi mom, I have something to tell you. Remember when you kept asking if I was gay? Well, you were right. I'm just gay for women."

Cramulus

LOOKING FOR A TECHY VOLUNTEER

Quote from: Cramulus on March 07, 2009, 04:03:32 AM
GASM:

can anyone hook up nigel's domain with a newsy blog layout? And is there a way to automatically post AP articles with certain tags?

we'd have a regular news website that we can occasionally inject fake news into

WHO CAN MAKE THIS DREAM COME TO LIFE

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on March 10, 2009, 01:14:24 PM
LOOKING FOR A TECHY VOLUNTEER

Quote from: Cramulus on March 07, 2009, 04:03:32 AM
GASM:

can anyone hook up nigel's domain with a newsy blog layout? And is there a way to automatically post AP articles with certain tags?

we'd have a regular news website that we can occasionally inject fake news into

WHO CAN MAKE THIS DREAM COME TO LIFE

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Lilith Complex

You knooow...I can make NO guarantees whatsoever as my grasp of web development is shite at the moment, but I don't think it'd be that hard. Probably a pretty simple script. Let me do some toying for a few days before I commit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel