News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Saywotinomics

Started by RevFuggit, January 10, 2005, 03:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevFuggit

By the grapes of Bacchus and all things sacred!

yes english is a complex language. yes it's origins are borrowed and bastardized from a panoply of dialects from around the world, and yes most speakers of english are ignorant fucksticks.

all that given, I still can not belive that educated people are willing to accept a term like "ergonomic" like it actually has a non-fnordular meaning.

now these people will be the first to tell you it has something to do with natural body posture or efficient design or what not.

so lets take a look at these proported definitions... natural posture
well that would by "physionomics" or possibly autonomics (though thats a bit of a stretch of grecko-roman stems)

efficient design would most likely be  "beneological" or "benular"

so what the hell is Ergonomical...

well lets look at its roots, Ergo is latin meaning "therefore"
and -nomics comes from the greek nemein meaning to manage, though starting in the 1860's the '-nomics' suffix has been used in english almost exclusively to refer to financial aspects of the attached prefix (hence agronomics pretains to the finances of agroculture).

thusly we arrive at the root words of "therefore, purchase"

So basically Ergonomic means that if I use the word you'll want to buy the item it was used in connection with ...

a hell of a mraketing scheme if I ever saw one...

-Rev. Fuggit
Grand High Commissar of Polycratic Dysentery, NSRA.
KSC, LDD, ELF, PoEE, NotA.
3rd Interglactic Orthodox Church of Pick-a-Faith, Reformed, 2nd Edition, Deluxe.
Episkopos: Zen Warrior Mantras of the Apple Colored Hamster Scrotum Mandala of Doom Cabal

Lord Trout

That would explain the split-keyboards my department tried to buy for us Dispatchers. We dodged a bullet on them, but got stuck with the tracballs in place of a decent mouse.
Well, shit.

Zurtok Khan

Hey, I like my split keyboard.  It actually *does* help with my carpel tunnels.

But those mouse's (are they called mice in that form?) have got to suck.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Lord Trout

They definately take some getting used to.
Well, shit.

Horab Fibslager

ergonomic is oen fo those words that if you;ve had any contact at all with electronic devices in the past 10 year s and aren't stupider than well let's nto go there, then you;d know what any person klnows and that is that "ergonomic" is  aple of horse shiot. what most people cpoul've tol dyou ten years ago is just that.

i'd wager you baught a microsft "ergonomic" keyboard recently and wonder why it is teh sux0r?...
Hell is other people.

Lord Trout

Quote from: horab fibslageri'd wager you baught a microsft "ergonomic" keyboard recently and wonder why it is teh sux0r?...
I avoid buying anything from Microsoft.
Well, shit.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Shecky
Quote from: horab fibslageri'd wager you baught a microsft "ergonomic" keyboard recently and wonder why it is teh sux0r?...
I avoid buying anything from Microsoft.

that;s two bad. msot of their other hardware devices are top notch, their software ranges from excelent to cutting edge, and well, unfoudned anti-ms bias is for n00bs.
Hell is other people.

Lord Trout

I prefer my software open-source and free. Of course, I use MS products, I just don't pay for them. Linux is teh r0x0r.

As for MS products I use, they're all gifts. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Well, shit.

Horab Fibslager

havng never used linux or linux base dos i can;t talk about the usability of that sytem for games/ decent software/hardware exploitation.

however i can comend you on your choice nto to use overprioced appleware- the software for n00bs who think they know 1337.
Hell is other people.