News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Shhhh, just five more minutes.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., April 30, 2013, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Standing on this ledge, outside the window of the holding pen they call 'affordable apartment living', it's such a refreshing view. Everyone down below is oblivious. Humans never look up, adults don't. Children look everywhere until they're given their blinders at graduation and wear them proudly like a badge of honor.

No one has noticed me up here yet. Childish urges to spit over the ledge, drop a penny, or just jump flit through my head like flirting sparrows. Flashing feathers in the sunlight, gone in an instant. Instead I lift my face to the wind and breath deep. It doesn't smell so bad up here. The heavy exhaust odor is but a whisper. All the grime and sweat and anger are barely noticeable.

It's not as dirty, I guess is what I'm saying. That's why I like it up here.

Everything is muffled. The screams and screeches and honking horns, the blaring music and the shouted arguments, laughing children, barking dogs . . . it's just a gentle murmur instead of a tumultuous cacophony.

I want to stay out here. I would, only there's no bathroom or water fountain and I guess people would notice if yellow and brown rain started falling from the sky in 12 hour intervals. But I'm here now, enjoying the peace, trying to sop it up like gravy with crusty bread to savor it longer, pull it into my skin and carry it with me when I leave.

Which I will be, soon.

The alarm on my watch beeps. I inhale deeply one more time and step back through the window. Time to get ready for work. Time to shower, put on my uniform, remove any distinguishing characteristics, and slap on a plastic smile.

Because once you get used to the blinders, everything that isn't homogenized and PERFECTLY NORMAL, OKAY glares like an angry sun and no one wants to see at that.

You know what they say. "Fake it until you make it."

Or Kill Me.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Reginald Ret

Awww CPD, no offence but I hope you never "make it".
Fuck em. Their inability to handle your Godlike Sun-Rays of Awesome is not your problem.
They can block it out just like they block out all the glaringly obvious horrible shit that is constantly happening around us all.

I love the way you write.
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 30, 2013, 08:04:07 PM
But I'm here now, enjoying the peace, trying to sop it up like gravy with crusty bread to savor it longer, pull it into my skin and carry it with me when I leave.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Thanks, regret. I appreciate that. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Left

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 30, 2013, 08:04:07 PM

Because once you get used to the blinders, everything that isn't homogenized and PERFECTLY NORMAL, OKAY glares like an angry sun and no one wants to see at that.

Yes, but you're not normal.
...Neither am I.
Can't help it, tried to iron our unruly brain wrinkles smooth, no dice.

...How do we turn who we are to our advantage? 
My way to that goal seems to be through self-love...and no, not the kind of self-love you can't do in public.

Quote from: :regret: on May 31, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
Awww CPD, no offence but I hope you never "make it".
Fuck em. Their inability to handle your Godlike Sun-Rays of Awesome is not your problem.

I love the way you write.

Haven't been here very long, but I think you're spiffy. 
Don't let the bastards get to you.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy