News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Bitch

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, July 21, 2013, 03:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Your enemy will not challenge you.
Your enemy appreciates your complacency, your arrogance and self-involvement.
Your enemy does not want you to think.
Your enemy wants you to burrow deeper into the comforts of echo chambers, of sub-sub-cultures and entertainment, fantasy and other self-inflicted wounds.
Your enemy does not want you to reexamine your beliefs.
Your enemy wants you to SHUT UP.
But it will settle for you screeching like a fucking chimp on steroids about ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING BUT the problem.
Your enemy loves it when you get butthurt.

You think your friends should be the ones who treat you nicely and never make you uncomfortable, but THOSE ARE NOT FRIENDS. They are cabbages and they are tricking you into putting on a uniform and turning off your brain before those dangerous thoughts in your head infect someone else. Your friends are the ones who tell you that you're acting like a fucking moron. Your friends know every flavor of bullshit you're selling and remind you not to eat the menu while you're at it. Sometimes, your friends are NOT NICE AT ALL.

Because the world isn't nice, babycakes. And you, you who have chosen to take on the most powerful people in the world specifically because they are too powerful, you crumple at the slightest criticism? You who should be embracing every moment of battle experience before the big fight, you let your identity override your mission? You, who should be terrible and awesome, who should eat and shut hate like a goddamned aphid, absorbing so little into yourself that the output could be bottled for resale, you whimper at cusses?

Did you not get the memo? We're the bad guys. Good guys do as their told and toe the line and gulp down propaganda like greedy orphans and ask for more. Good guys sit down and shut up. We are not the heroes. We are the FUCKING RESISTANCE. We are the malcontents, the unstable ones, the blight on humanity. We are the ASSHOLES.

Good guys don't make history.
Good guys don't do well in Interesting Times.
All you have to decide is if you're going to let your hurt little feelings get in the way. All you have to decide is if you're ready to be a thing that goes bump in the night.
There's no padding, here, no foam darts and molded plastic. The real fucking world is out there ready to get its ass kicked, babycakes. You in, or are you out?

Left

People-pleasing's a hard habit to break.

Embracing one's own inner hero isn't easy.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

McGrupp

The amount of people who don't stand up for what they believe due to fear of appearing foolish, or not being seen as a hero is large indeed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Submit for to the Bitter Tea project?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 23, 2013, 06:44:17 PM

I think I already pasted it in that thread, but yes definitely. Please leave it unattributed or to ______________ if it makes the cut.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 23, 2013, 07:13:01 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 23, 2013, 06:44:17 PM

I think I already pasted it in that thread, but yes definitely. Please leave it unattributed or to ______________ if it makes the cut.

SWEET!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."