News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Women Fighters In Reasonable Armor

Started by Cramulus, September 21, 2011, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am fascinated that one of the articles linked to by the above blogger used this phrasing:

QuoteWomen may have accompanied male Vikings in those early invasions of England, in much greater numbers than scholars earlier supposed, McLeod concludes.

I guess it's just so culturally ingrained that it passes without notice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 27, 2013, 12:40:52 AM
Like I said. I'm a shitty player because I take it too seriously.

If it makes you feel better, I, too, am a shitty player.  My personal bad habits are getting a little grabby over loot, and making HORRIBLE FUCKING AWFUL PLANS that are either doomed to spectacular failure by the sheer weight of complexity and stupidity they contain, or are not proactive enough and just sort of flop. 

I need to kidnap a guy?  Great!  I'll just set the town on fire (with a detailed list of steps needed and equipment used) as a distraction!

Oh, wait, that's bad.  Like, DM is pissed off at me bad.  OKAY NEW PLAN.  There's going to be a mass battle.  Defend at place where guy is at, wait for him to fall down, drag him a quarter of a mile in an active combat zone, throw him into the house with the guy who wants him alive to make a thing.  START NEW PLAN TO LIVE FROM THERE.

I ARE SO GUD AT PLAANZ.  ALSO I AM AN HERO!

Don Coyote

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on May 28, 2013, 07:54:49 AM

If it makes you feel better, I, too, am a shitty player.  My personal bad habits are getting a little grabby over loot, and making HORRIBLE FUCKING AWFUL PLANS that are either doomed to spectacular failure by the sheer weight of complexity and stupidity they contain, or are not proactive enough and just sort of flop. 

I need to kidnap a guy?  Great!  I'll just set the town on fire (with a detailed list of steps needed and equipment used) as a distraction!

Oh, wait, that's bad.  Like, DM is pissed off at me bad.  OKAY NEW PLAN.  There's going to be a mass battle.  Defend at place where guy is at, wait for him to fall down, drag him a quarter of a mile in an active combat zone, throw him into the house with the guy who wants him alive to make a thing.  START NEW PLAN TO LIVE FROM THERE.

unless something is a big op, I just charge in and fuck shit up. I did all my tactical planning when I built the character.
I actually hate loot in table top games.  Either give me something fucking cool or cash to buy something cool later just don't expect me to keep track of shit.
loot is only important if I need it to do cool shit.
also why would setting fire to an entire town be a good idea for a distraction?

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I think most of my problem was I had a DM who would tell me to do shit just so he could screw my character over for doing the things he said to do. And he'd change shit all the time, rules from one session didn't carry over into the next because we used them to win instead of pacify his ego. He kept coming up with these bad guys no one could beat and then we'd kill it in three rounds because obvious flaw was obvious. Then he'd end the session early and spend the rest of the night pouting because we ruined everything.

I was told not to be a 'rules lawyer' and just roll with it because we're supposed to be having fun and no one wants the DM to pout all night so I quit. I just wanted what he said to actually be what would happen. *shrug* If that's how it's supposed to go then fine, I don't really want to play because that isn't how my brain works and I spent a good hour trying to explain that when the DM asked me to play in the first place.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 28, 2013, 10:57:12 PM

I think most of my problem was I had a DM who would tell me to do shit just so he could screw my character over for doing the things he said to do. And he'd change shit all the time, rules from one session didn't carry over into the next because we used them to win instead of pacify his ego. He kept coming up with these bad guys no one could beat and then we'd kill it in three rounds because obvious flaw was obvious. Then he'd end the session early and spend the rest of the night pouting because we ruined everything.

I was told not to be a 'rules lawyer' and just roll with it because we're supposed to be having fun and no one wants the DM to pout all night so I quit. I just wanted what he said to actually be what would happen. *shrug* If that's how it's supposed to go then fine, I don't really want to play because that isn't how my brain works and I spent a good hour trying to explain that when the DM asked me to play in the first place.

Your DM is defective.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

That whole group is defective for going along with the defective dm.

Q. G. Pennyworth

CPD, come up here and let us run good games for you sometime.

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 30, 2013, 02:58:06 PM
CPD, come up here and let us run good games for you sometime.

Next time I get the urge to hop a bus, I'll head that way. If I don't magically wake up in Oregon after a Pepsi bender.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

All of you bastards come up here and try your hand in the HACKFEST.

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 30, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

It was 90 here today and it was too hot. If Tuscon wants me it can come and drag me kicking and screaming.

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 31, 2013, 02:18:27 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 30, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

It was 90 here today and it was too hot. If Tuscon wants me it can come and drag me kicking and screaming.

I melt at anything higher than 75 degrees. I am a fragile and delicate flower of femininity. I swoon at the mere suggestion.

Freeky

I drove past a sign that read 106 today, one of those temperature signs out front of banks.

I think it was today, at least...

You know something?  It wasn't too bad out, even with the air being force blasted into my face because I have to keep the windows down.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Personally I prefer to play RPGs where the characters have armors that are impractical in the opposite of the usual direction. Like a psionicist encased in a solid 5'x5'x8' block of cement/concrete with eye holes, a ring of sustenance, and a necklace of adaptation.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Chucklemaster

Pretty sure there's something about this that I posted in the Image archive.
blah blah blah the rest of the song

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Your Mom on May 27, 2013, 05:14:11 PM
I am fascinated that one of the articles linked to by the above blogger used this phrasing:

QuoteWomen may have accompanied male Vikings in those early invasions of England, in much greater numbers than scholars earlier supposed, McLeod concludes.

I guess it's just so culturally ingrained that it passes without notice.
Mcleod must be man, because there was no mention of gender. Trying to understand how people think gives me a headache.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"