News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 01, 2014, 05:06:43 AM
You know that guy I said I was going to break up with a year ago?

Broke up with him tonight.

AHAHAHA

ahahah

ha.

:horrormirth:

GOOD JOB!
I mean, it always sucks to break up with someone you've been with for a long time, but obviously, you've known you needed to break up with him for a long time, so that's good.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

CPD, Better late than never, I guess? That sounded a lot more compassionate in my head.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

CPD, high-five and a glass of whiskey.

Also, please to note: Someone on a FB discordia page posted the PD URL.  Be prepared for the possibility of more Delcon-like assbaggery.

Junkenstein

Hmm. Two unexpected job offers.

I need body doubles or a full time lackey.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

I bought a 1lb bag of Death Wish Coffee for Pennsic, and it came in yesterday. Naturally, I had to give it a test brew this morning. So far, the flavor is fantastic. It's bold and smooth. Not overly bitter or tannic like one would expect from a "strong" coffee, flavor wise.

...However. I'm half way through the cup and I'm getting the giggles.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 03:47:28 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 03:39:28 AM
Waiting for someone else's baby is a lot more annoying than I thought. I mean, less painful than making your own, sure, but DAMN. Sitting here since 1pm waiting for updates.

Sounds like an epidural happened.

I know nothing about childbirth, but every time someone has a long labor, it seems pain killers were in the mix. It makes me wonder if I were to have kids if I would go for the au natural like my mom who popped us all out like 45 minutes flat each, or if I wouldn't be able to handle it and opt for the epidural. Everyone is so different though, so it's incredibly hard to say.

Either way, I hope she's okay. Did she go in before she was dilated enough?

The doctors decided they want to induce labor, because the baby is a pipsqueak and they're worried about placenta things. Ignoring the fact that her husband is not a large person and from a race that has small babies, of course. I got one update that apparently the hospital was full up on babies so they weren't pushing things along until they had a bed open up in the recovery, because of course that's what happened.
Still no baby.

The Good Reverend Roger

It is going to go up 5F every hour for the next 4 hours.   It is currently 88F.  It will then creep up to 114 by noon.

I love Arizona.  It loves me, too, but sometimes I make it angry.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
It is going to go up 5F every hour for the next 4 hours.   It is currently 88F.  It will then creep up to 114 by noon.

That is not a suitable environment for humans.

The Good Reverend Roger

My boss is sitting in the room outside of my office while the office building is being torn out.  We have 20 minutes to kill before the meeting, so he is watching company update videos.

No, really.  He's actually watching them.  I always wondered who those motivational posters on the wall were actually provided for, and now I know.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 02:16:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2014, 02:10:55 PM

That is not a suitable environment for humans.

LIVE humans, you mean.  We're all mummified corpses up here, rules do not apply.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2014, 02:17:22 PM
My boss is sitting in the room outside of my office while the office building is being torn out.  We have 20 minutes to kill before the meeting, so he is watching company update videos.

No, really.  He's actually watching them.  I always wondered who those motivational posters on the wall were actually provided for, and now I know.

You know, it sounds like this guy is the kind of guy who would take motivational speakers seriously. Did you know that any enquiry made to such a person/organisation is ruthlessly and relentlessly followed up, even if they aren't remotely interested? Make some enquiries. I'm sure you know all the helpful details like his mobile number.

Suu

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 01:51:00 PM
Waiting for someone else's baby is a lot more annoying than I thought. I mean, less painful than making your own, sure, but DAMN. Sitting here since 1pm waiting for updates.

I know nothing about childbirth, but every time someone has a long labor, it seems pain killers were in the mix. It makes me wonder if I were to have kids if I would go for the au natural like my mom who popped us all out like 45 minutes flat each, or if I wouldn't be able to handle it and opt for the epidural. Everyone is so different though, so it's incredibly hard to say.

The doctors decided they want to induce labor, because the baby is a pipsqueak and they're worried about placenta things. Ignoring the fact that her husband is not a large person and from a race that has small babies, of course. I got one update that apparently the hospital was full up on babies so they weren't pushing things along until they had a bed open up in the recovery, because of course that's what happened.
Still no baby.

So she's having a peanut, big deal. Isn't there a way they can tell without making her induce before the timer on the oven goes off?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 01:42:07 PM
I bought a 1lb bag of Death Wish Coffee for Pennsic, and it came in yesterday. Naturally, I had to give it a test brew this morning. So far, the flavor is fantastic. It's bold and smooth. Not overly bitter or tannic like one would expect from a "strong" coffee, flavor wise.

...However. I'm half way through the cup and I'm getting the giggles.

Well that was anticlimactic. I expected the jitters and the ability to taste colors. Come to find out I was just giggling because an ant was crawling across my foot.

I blame Richter for this. His sharpened roast back in the Boston Daze must have made me immune.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Suu on July 01, 2014, 02:28:18 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 01, 2014, 01:51:00 PM

Still no baby.

So she's having a peanut, big deal. Isn't there a way they can tell without making her induce before the timer on the oven goes off?

I dunno, at this point decisions have been made. The kid's over 5 lb and they're in the Boston area, it's gonna be just fine. Her husband's completely offline, so either the show is on the road or they're getting some much needed sleep.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 01, 2014, 10:58:07 AM
CPD, Better late than never, I guess? That sounded a lot more compassionate in my head.

It's cool. My own mistake.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.