News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Please stop eating shit

Started by Scilon Agent, March 12, 2014, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scilon Agent

<redacted>
If [a person] was considered to be in contempt of court or anything like that, [he was] simply fried since there was a curtain of radioactive material which went clear across the front of the bench anywhere that a witness or anybody would stand, and so on.

Reginald Ret

That reads like it is two halve stories. Whatever you are trying doesn't really work.

The trick to getting people to eat healthy is the same trick you use to make yourself eat healthy. Prepare healthy food. Once you made the fried chicken and mashed potatoes would you throw it away? fuck no! You'd eat the hell out of that chicken and it will be the best thing you ate all day!
But if you made both the chicken and got out and bought chicken nuggets you would try to eat both, you may eat one before the other, or if there is someone else there you will work out some scheme to share stuff but everything will get eaten.
The only thing that happened with people preferring the twinky over the granola bars is that they picked one before the other, not instead of the other. If it took long enough, and they had no expectation that others would arrive they probably would have eaten a granola bar too.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

Also, there is some evidence that we have a biological urge to amass calories when presented.  So if presented with twinkies or granola, most people would go for twinkies if not asked to think about their decision.

True, some people think they taste gross, but I think there's a large enough probability to be comfortable with that assessment

hooplala

I find it very amusing that anyone gives a shit about what other people are eating. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Sita

I'd go for a twinkie over a honey and oat granola bar anytime. Because I hate honey and oat granola bars. Make it a fruit and nut or hell even a peanut butter one and then I'd choose the granola.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

East Coast Hustle

I'm amused at the idea that pre-packaged granola bars are somehow more nutritional and healthier than twinkies. Because it may be barely technically true, but they're still utter junk.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

That said, I totally agree that what people eat is important to society as a whole and not just to the individual doing the eating.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

My thing is, why eat EITHER one, when I have something like 64 cuisines within a 20 minute drive?

Twinkie vs vindaloo.   No question.

Granola bar vs shishkabob.  DUH.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 12, 2014, 08:05:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2014, 07:47:27 PM
My thing is, why eat EITHER one

I explained earlier, but it's because I work with men and women who are down and out trying to come up. So the food we get is donated to us from various networks of charities. Trust me, most of these citizens are simply happy to have a breakfast today.

That said if you can get any Indian places to donate dosa or poha for the morning I'm sure people would love it. Oh, who are we kidding they would STILL chose the twinkies.

So, wait.  You're getting upset because destitute people eat sweet food when they have a choice?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scilon Agent on March 12, 2014, 08:49:00 PM
I spend a certain amount of hours a week really putting honest time in with these citizens trying to improve their lives. The problem is, they have made and continue to make all the wrong choices.

I think I see the problem.

LMNO

hooplala

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 07:35:51 PM
That said, I totally agree that what people eat is important to society as a whole and not just to the individual doing the eating.

Please elaborate.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Do I really need to point out the tangible societal costs of poor nutrition?

Really?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This new guy seems pretty alright, why is almost everyone lining up to shit on his perfectly reasonable post about being frustrated that people seem to choose the lower-nutrition options every time?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, I know we have frustrations and need adversaries to take them out on, but isn't that what Facebook is for?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."